Best Place to Purchase Leghorns???

luvinrunnin

Songster
8 Years
May 12, 2011
I don't plan on showing them, want them for egg production only. Love their personalities and want good quality birds. Where's the best place to purchase them? Would love to have browns, but currently have whites and color isn't really too important.

Thanks!

A friend of mine got White Leghorns from My Pet Chicken last spring and loves them. She ordered 6 and all arrived alive and healthy and grew to maturity. They're less flighty than your average Leghorn. They are awesome layers, with each hen laying 6+ big white eggs/week (she's even gotten 7 eggs in one day from 6 hens a few times!). She got them in March and they started laying in July.

She has the WL hens in with a Rhode Island Red rooster. I'm gonna be hatching some of those eggs this year, the pullets ought to be awesome layers!!!

We got a Leghorn rooster from a guy who bought him from McMurrays. He is a delightful rooster! So friendly and pleasant. We love him. We are planning on getting a few Leghorn and Red Star pullets from McMurrays this spring.... Not planning on breeding, but just hoping to get some strong egg layers in there while I work on my Marans.

Back
Top Bottom