best rat poison

Quote:
I bought a box of those (The LARGE box that Lowes sells)

There were over 20 left in the box when I caught the neighbors dog in our garage.
He had eaten the entire box of poison!

This was several months ago, and the dog is doing just fine. He never had any ill effects. (other than green poop)

If an entire box can't kill a small dog, I seriously doubt its going to do much with rats nibbling on them.

I am using three different kinds seems to kill the mice but these big field rats are a definite problem

I use "Just One Bite" in bait tubes.

But if the rat eats the poison, dies in the pen, coop or run and eats the rat before you get to it, you'll be picking up dead chickens.

That said, "Just One Bite" is the best.

I like Purina's Assault in the round disks. They have a hole in them you can run a wire through and make sure a big rat or mouse doesn't drag it out where pets/chickens can get it.

Boy, do you want to make sure it is safely out of reach of pets/chickens. It is a super ugly, painful death. I almost feel sorry for the rats I've seen come out to die after eating it. So obviously you have to make sure the chickens/pets don't eat the rats/mice either. I can't remember if the package says no risk of secondary poisoning or not. I'd be afraid to chance it anyway. It is the one we've found that worked effectively on our farm which was overrun with hay rats and field mice.

We haven't used poison in quite a while now, and to my surprise I haven't seen any mice/rats for quite a while. The only change is we now have two dogs which may well be either eliminatiing them or maybe it's just the dog smell and dog urine is scaring them away. There's an awful lot to be said for a good varmint dog, provided he doesn't confuse your chickens for varmints.

I personally use the Just One Bite Bars. We have rodents problems, so we keep two barn cats. These bars have a no second kill response. Ie, the mouse eats the bait, the cat eats the mouse, no problems. The bars are designed for the rodents to take the food and stash it in their nest and then the babies nibble on it as well. (We have had excellent results with it and no lost chickens)

Today, I was searching for the best rat poison and find this old thread. Actually, I have used a couple of poison (purchased from a local shop). This didn't work for me. These rats size is bigger than normal size. Thus, I need some powerful poison suggestion. What type poison are working great at 2017?

Back
Top Bottom