Best type of coop??

Here's a photo. The building is 8' by 8' by 8'. The building corner posts are 4" by 4" by 10'. The skids are 2" by 6" by 16'. There are some large bolts that hold the building posts to the skids. I put in a lot of cross bracing so the building wouldn't flex when being moved. I used 2" by 4" framing for the run area, only 2 boards are up in the photo. The framed out area on the side of the building is for a window. I have another one on the opposite side. You can see the door on the far end. The sliding chicken door into the run area has not been installed when this photo was taken.

Here's a photo. The building is 8' by 8' by 8'. The building corner posts are 4" by 4" by 10'. The skids are 2" by 6" by 16'. There are some large bolts that hold the building posts to the skids. I put in a lot of cross bracing so the building wouldn't flex when being moved. I used 2" by 4" framing for the run area, only 2 boards are up in the photo. The framed out area on the side of the building is for a window. I have another one on the opposite side. You can see the door on the far end. The sliding chicken door into the run area has not been installed when this photo was taken.
Nice. Thanks. Do you happen to know what the cost of the metal roof was?

The metal roofing was $87. That included the screws and ridge cap. The sheets are 5 ft. long. I didn't use sheeting on the roof, just wood strips to attach the roofing to. I will try to post some more photos.

Back
Top Bottom