Big Bad Mareks

Pics
Setting eggies in just 48 hours!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

My heart breaks for you Tink, :hugswe humans involve ourselves with creatures seeking comfort for our life's journey, animals are known to have effects on our pleasure sensors and improve our lives emotionally and physically. But when they become the ones that need the comforting, tables turn and we have to be the ones to heal them, it's draining on our already stressed lives. It's heart wrenching to watch our babies deteriorate and even die with disease. 💔 I have never dealt with Mareks in my flocks so I can't offer much in the way of Mareks knowledge. But if you don't mind my rambling thoughts, :D I can certainly offer emotional support as I certainly have dealt with my share of chicken illness and losses over my chicken keeping times. Our path in life can take us on many roads, some rough, some smooth as glass. There is no greater gift you can give yourself than learning, knowing more today than you did yesterday. And this Mareks journey will not only offer you the opportunity to be the best steward to your flocks, help then live healthier longer lives, but it gives you the opportunity to learn so much about the lives of your birds, what makes them tick, maybe allow you to understand what it's like to be a chicken. As scary as this Mareks sounds, you have the opportunity to really expand your poultry horizons. Maybe help you live in the moment, take one day at a time, case by case, bird by bird and I am sure at some point on down the line, this will all smooth out. Hopefully you won't view this as impossible mountains to climb but a few small hills or bumps in the road that are part of the journey. You can do it Tink, you are a strong gal! :hugs
Amen @TwoCrows and @2ndTink thanks for the information. Stay strong and keep going forward!

I've asked around and have researched my self about Marek's. I've come across people that believe that Marek's is pretty much everywhere and that every flock has been exposed. That the vaccine only suppresses it.

So sorry for you diagnosis. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom