Miscellaneous Meeps - Hatching my Dreams

Pics
Chonkers girls have been passing on their Z genes and before I set eggs I clearly told them they needed to pass along their W genes.

My girls never listen to me when I tell them this, either 😩 But hey, at least they aren't keeping you guessing for months! Those combs are pretty hard to deny! :eek:

My girls never listen to me when I tell them this, either 😩 But hey, at least they aren't keeping you guessing for months! Those combs are pretty hard to deny! :eek:
I definitely can't sell them "straight run" 🤣 even with them being less than a month old, it's crazy! The chicks from my EE rooster are looking really definite as well, so many boys!!!!!!!

Norman, he's such a sweet guy and he's filling out quite nicely. He's not perfect, but his manners and character are tops 🥰

20240411_201234.jpg

That is one gorgeous bird Tink! :love Glad to hear he has manners too!
He has some SOP flaws, 4 toes on one foot, his comb is a smooth little bump instead of the Walnut comb, and his wings aren't half very tight. But, he's a doll, so I'm trying to decide how much I care about the other things vs that.

JetPack turned into a little hormonal butt, and I can see that in some of his chicks, so... I'm putting some importance an character for breeding. It seems most of the people in my area want unique colored sweet little fluffs for themselves and their kids to love on. Not picture perfect balls of fluffed up fury 🤣

He has some SOP flaws, 4 toes on one foot, his comb is a smooth little bump instead of the Walnut comb, and his wings aren't half very tight. But, he's a doll, so I'm trying to decide how much I care about the other things vs that.

JetPack turned into a little hormonal butt, and I can see that in some of his chicks, so... I'm putting some importance an character for breeding. It seems most of the people in my area want unique colored sweet little fluffs for themselves and their kids to love on. Not picture perfect balls of fluffed up fury 🤣
Oh no, JetPack....why! :barnie He's so pretty too! I guess those pretty boys get too full of themselves. 🤣

Oh no, JetPack....why! :barnie He's so pretty too! I guess those pretty boys get too full of themselves. 🤣
He definitely thinks he's something! I don't think he'll ever make it into the category of being able to cause any injury or pain, he mostly shuffles all over my feet and occasionally body slams them. It's rather comical, but I know it's naughty on his part. He does seem to be calming down again so maybe he's over his spring hormone rush?

Yes, he's an adorable bugger 🥰

I definitely can't sell them "straight run" 🤣 even with them being less than a month old, it's crazy! The chicks from my EE rooster are looking really definite as well, so many boys!!!!!!!

Ugh, yeah, it does feel like that sometimes. Last year I was sure I had sooo many more cockerels than pullets because I had several batches in a row that were cockerel heavy, but then when I took stock of all the birds I had hatched in 2023, I was actually exactly 50-50 on them, 35 pullets and 35 cockerels. :th

He definitely thinks he's something! I don't think he'll ever make it into the category of being able to cause any injury or pain, he mostly shuffles all over my feet and occasionally body slams them. It's rather comical, but I know it's naughty on his part. He does seem to be calming down again so maybe he's over his spring hormone rush?

Definitely keep an eye on him. Springtime can make the boys lose their brains for a bit, but some of them never find them again. :rolleyes: A couple of mine who have never been an issue, Pete and Wyatt, tested me this spring, but they're thankfully back to their perfect angelic selves now. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom