Big Egg 1090I am really pissed off by being told by McMurray that the eggs would be dark brown and huge.

Big Egg 1090

Hatching
Feb 20, 2023
Big Egg 1090
I am really pissed off by being told by McMurray that the eggs would be dark brown and huge. What a lie, my two red hens from Rural King Rhode Island Reds lay eggs twice a big and twice as dark brown and each egg will make two of the giant eggs which are not so brown. I feel like suing them for false advertisement. I have wasted over 8 months of care and over 275 dollars in money for 15 of them. I should have bought the Rhode Island reds.

Attachments

• jersey giant 1.jpg
    jersey giant 1.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 61
  • jersey giant 2.jpg
    jersey giant 2.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 8
Big Egg 1090
I am really pissed off by being told by McMurray that the eggs would be dark brown and huge. What a lie, my two red hens from Rural King Rhode Island Reds lay eggs twice a big and twice as dark brown and each egg will make two of the giant eggs which are not so brown. I feel like suing them for false advertisement. I have wasted over 8 months of care and over 275 dollars in money for 15 of them. I should have bought the Rhode Island reds.
What breed are they? I know that my eggs almost all start small and get bigger as the months/years go on. Our two year old hens average around 65g, and the ones we got last summer are in the low 50s on average.

What breed are they? I know that my eggs almost all start small and get bigger as the months/years go on. Our two year old hens average around 65g, and the ones we got last summer are in the low 50s on average.
The OP has Jersey Giants.

@Big Egg 1090 give them time. Like Iluveggers said, first eggs start out smaller. They will get bigger in a few weeks or so. Large breed chickens take a long time to mature.

Good grief, calm down.
Those are typical brown eggs. Mcmurrays' Jersey Giants are advertised for laying brown, not dark brown as you seem to think.
It takes time for hens eggs to reach full size, give it time
If you wanted 'chocolate' (which JGs aren't advertised as laying) eggs, you ordered the wrong breed.
Go back and read the breed description, you got EXACTLY what YOU ordered. You'd seriously sue over egg color? 🤣
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/black_giants.html
Screenshot_20230220-120553_Firefox.jpg Screenshot_20230220-120826_Firefox.jpg Screenshot_20230220-121146_Firefox.jpg

Big Egg 1090
Jersey Giants' eggs will get bigger, but not known for dark eggs, Welsummers have a terracotta color, and Marans Have dark eggs. Just wait and see. My Calico Princess lays 76 gram eggs almost daily.
No reason to get upset, McM says brown, not dark brown. I'm sure someone would love to have a JG. Good Luck

I ordered Jersey Giants from McMurray, they start out med/large. My girls are almost 1-1/2 and are now laying 85-110 gr. eggs. I have RR that lay 80-90gr. (2 yr olds.) It takes time to get bigger eggs with any chicken. My Jersey girls eggs are so big I can't put my fingers around them. I have a good size hand.! double yolks after the first moly from laying.! I bought some Jersey Giants from California breeder, show birds, not at all as nice as McMurray.!

Back
Top Bottom