Big ole bump

Roxadee

Songster
Dec 30, 2023
One of my Pilgrim geese has had this bump on her ever since I got her. This summer, my little beauty will be a year old, along with her sister. I don't have a name for the girls. My gander is named Papa. She won't let me touch her so I'm in a pickle

Attachments

• IMG_4958.jpeg
    IMG_4958.jpeg
    601.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4959.jpeg
    IMG_4959.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 7
One of my Pilgrim geese has had this bump on her ever since I got her. This summer, my little beauty will be a year old, along with her sister. I don't have a name for the girls. My gander is named Papa. She won't let me touch her so I'm in a pickle
Does anyone know what this could be? She eats fine and drinks fine, which doesn't seem to bother her. Anyone?

@Goosebaby @Miss Lydia also
Have you looked in her mouth with a flashlight to see what you can see? And does her breath smell bad?
There could be a pocket of grass/foodstuff caught in there I once read something about that.
That would make sense; she has had it ever since she got her. she will be a year old this summer

Attachments

• IMG_4958.jpeg
    IMG_4958.jpeg
    601.2 KB · Views: 3
Your going to have to catch her and get a close examination could be just what @Jenbirdee says . Or an abscess but both need to be treated.
I'd get someone to help wrap a large towel around her to keep the wings from hitting you. Then you have both hands to open her mouth and check her out.

Your going to have to catch her and get a close examination could be just what @Jenbirdee says . Or an abscess but both need to be treated.
I'd get someone to help wrap a large towel around her to keep the wings from hitting you. Then you have both hands to pen her mouth and check her out.
I will do that first thing tomorrow. I thought she had an abscess too, but when I looked when she was little, I didn't see anything.

You have to. All of us at one time or another will have to treat our flock and it's important we do it. Walk her into her coop close the door and pick her up she isn't going to like it but your the one in charge not her and your are trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom