Big ole bump

Your going to have to catch her and get a close examination could be just what @Jenbirdee says . Or an abscess but both need to be treated.
I'd get someone to help wrap a large towel around her to keep the wings from hitting you. Then you have both hands to open her mouth and check her out.
I wouldn't have dreamed of that. Thank you very much.

I hope you can get someone to help you catch and hold her mouth open so you can look inside with light and take pictures too .
My geese run away when I try to catch them too so I get them at night in their coop.
That is what I will have to do because, during the day, they are on the pond. I could catch her in the coop, like you said.

You have to. All of us at one time or another will have to treat our flock and it's important we do it. Walk her into her coop close the door and pick her up she isn't going to like it but your the one in charge not her and your are trying to help.
You are absolutely correct! I forget that sometimes when I'm running away in fear and panic because of Rooster Cogburn. My gander is cool; he doesn't let me pet him, but he follows me everywhere. The girls follow Papa (the gander). I used to pick up my girls, and they didn't mind, but the older they got, the less they liked it. Now they scream bloody murder when I pick them up. You would think they were being chased with a hatchet the way they run, I mean really.:idunno

Same here but once I pick my goose up she is limp as a dish rag. I just have to make sure I have her wings pinned or I get slapped in the face. Ouch !!
Let us know what you find.
I didn't get a chance last night, but I will do it tonight when I put them up. I can't wait to see it.

Back
Top Bottom