BILBO & FRODO update

ButtonNomies

Songster
Jul 17, 2022
My boys (definately both male) have grown so much!
VideoCapture_20230604-175902.jpg

They are free roaming the majority of the time (unless I'm not around to supervise)
VideoCapture_20230612-182048.jpg

They love to Netflix and chill with me of an evening
VideoCapture_20230612-181821.jpg

Theyre definitely part of the family, such loving and funny boys. I adore the noises they make. Even been accepted by the dogs (again never left unsupervised)
VideoCapture_20230609-194650.jpg

They are also completely obsessed with my phone and like to "help" me! They also come when called and go to their bed when told to.

If anyone wants house quail for pets I thoroughly reccomend hatching and raising a couple of Calis (If ur allowed to keep them where u live, please check)
VideoCapture_20230612-181922.jpg
VideoCapture_20230612-181946.jpg
VideoCapture_20230608-221008.jpg
20230609_221841.jpg
Snapchat-1722278573.jpg
Snapchat-1696020319.jpg
Snapchat-6424765.jpg
Snapchat-523412323.jpg

Hope u enjoyed my piks ❤️❤️

Amazing 😍 They're adorable. Do you plan to keep them inside your house forever? Are you concerned that they might become territorial/aggressive towards one another once they reach sexual maturity? How do you plan to manage that? Also, don't they poop everywhere??? 😂

Amazing 😍 They're adorable. Do you plan to keep them inside your house forever? Are you concerned that they might become territorial/aggressive towards one another once they reach sexual maturity? How do you plan to manage that? Also, don't they poop everywhere??? 😂
That's the plan yes. They shouldn't get aggressive with each other as I have zero females, they're just a couple of bachelors living it up 😂 I will be introducing them to flypers in the next few weeks along with a harness (waiting for them to be fully grown first) but at the minute I just mop the laminate when they go bk into their bed. They can't be out 24/7 as I have dogs and tht would just be irresponsible so they come out for a few hours broken up during the day and apart from 10 or 20 mins here n there of them playing on the floor theyre usually stretched out on the sofa in a floof pile or trying to help me with my phone so they really don't poop tht much outside their house xx

Curious as to what you keep them in inside (when they're not out)? Mine are such skilled flyers I don't think I could keep them in anything less then an aviary.
They are very cute and make me miss my Piccolo :(

That's the plan yes. They shouldn't get aggressive with each other as I have zero females, they're just a couple of bachelors living it up 😂 I will be introducing them to flypers in the next few weeks along with a harness (waiting for them to be fully grown first) but at the minute I just mop the laminate when they go bk into their bed. They can't be out 24/7 as I have dogs and tht would just be irresponsible so they come out for a few hours broken up during the day and apart from 10 or 20 mins here n there of them playing on the floor theyre usually stretched out on the sofa in a floof pile or trying to help me with my phone so they really don't poop tht much outside their house xx

That's awesome. I didn't know they could exist in a bachelor pair like that. Also, you're the second person I know of that has trained their CA Valleys to come when called. They really are exceptional birds. Great job!

Curious as to what you keep them in inside (when they're not out)? Mine are such skilled flyers I don't think I could keep them in anything less then an aviary.
They are very cute and make me miss my Piccolo :(
They prefer to be running round the floor if I'm honest, the only time they fly is when they want down on the floor ... the way they play reminds me of bunnies binking, they fly low to the ground in circles and hop ... its pretty hilarious and they get a lot of free time to do it. I dont think they'd be good indoor birds untamed in a small enclosure as they do love their space to have their mad moments. But they are pretty lazy and love to slob out on their bed (they have a soft cat bed) xx

Back
Top Bottom