Bill and Maggie litter (gang) of 4!

Quote:
He is the one I would keep if we could keep a male. He is so friendly and easy going. Dorothy is right after him. Good eye Jamie! You picked the best temperament from a photo!
wink.png

LOL If it were that easy!
big_smile.png
I just like the classic looks on the Amstaffs. Plus, you can't beat a good temperamented Staff
cool.png

Quote:
Yes, that is pitiful, isn't it? When we were in the UK a few years ago, we saw several Stafforshire Bull Terriers that probably weighed 45 lbs. At that point, what is the difference? These are actually American Staffordshire Terriers and not American Pit Bull Terriers. We also saw a lot of English Bull Terriers.

I read that some of the crooks in the UK have switched from pit bulls to Barbary macaques, which are actually much more dangerous than any kind of dog.

yes it is, i have 2 crossbreeds that are staffy x bull terrier which have pit bull in the lines but from before the ban - used to be classed as irish staffs but the police kill any dog which is classed as pit bull type
somad.gif
so i just class my 2 as crossbreeds now

Quote:
Yes, that is pitiful, isn't it? When we were in the UK a few years ago, we saw several Stafforshire Bull Terriers that probably weighed 45 lbs. At that point, what is the difference? These are actually American Staffordshire Terriers and not American Pit Bull Terriers. We also saw a lot of English Bull Terriers.

I read that some of the crooks in the UK have switched from pit bulls to Barbary macaques, which are actually much more dangerous than any kind of dog.

yes it is, i have 2 crossbreeds that are staffy x bull terrier which have pit bull in the lines but from before the ban - used to be classed as irish staffs but the police kill any dog which is classed as pit bull type
somad.gif

I read, a long time ago, that as many as 600,000 dogs were killed shortly after the UK breed bans. Do you know if that is true? If not, have you seen a (non-government) published figure?

Quote:
somad.gif

I read, a long time ago, that as many as 600,000 dogs were killed shortly after the UK breed bans. Do you know if that is true? If not, have you seen a (non-government) published figure?

Probably more, and they are still getting killed today as there is some about still, but i wouldn't risk owning a purebred pitty where I live as someone would grass us up

storminstaffs -- its so odd to me that you can't have Pitties in GB but the govt there allows breeds like the Bully Kutta. I have been following a breeder/importer of them in England and these dogs don't look really stable to me, not to mention the guy doing the "training" is just in it for the glory of having a tough dog. He used to breed and import Central Asian Ovcharka and similar breeds. All dangerous dogs in the wrong hands, heck even in the right hands, in a densely populated area they are dangerous.

Politicians don't know what a Bully Kutta is or it wasn't brought to their attention. Clearly the politicians aren't the brightest bunch.

Back
Top Bottom