BIN- Olive Eggers F1 and F2 generations-1 dz

I have hatched tons of splash out of these pens. The chicks are coming out very spotted now. Blacks are less common and blues are very common but I use a lot of blues in the breeding pens.

Not laying yet, they're only about 6-7 weeks old right now :)

All of the pictures of them get kind of washed out, but you can kind of see the coloring here.

Amy - have you found any correlation between egg color and chick color? I wish I would have kept better notes about which chicks hatched from which eggs.

No, I do not record which colors hatch from what eggs. Though I usually know who egg is from whom. They all hatch in one batch and I just open the bator to empty shells and tons of chicks.

No, I do not record which colors hatch from what eggs. Though I usually know who egg is from whom. They all hatch in one batch and I just open the bator to empty shells and tons of chicks.
haha that's what I did too....looking back, I wish I had taken note of which chicks hatched from which eggs. I wasnt sure if there was a relation between Marans eggs vs the Amer. eggs and the resulting chick colors

Not laying yet, they're only about 6-7 weeks old right now :)

All of the pictures of them get kind of washed out, but you can kind of see the coloring here.

Amy - have you found any correlation between egg color and chick color? I wish I would have kept better notes about which chicks hatched from which eggs.

Here are the 2 OE I have left. One is F1 and one is F2. The splash is F2. They are 4 weeks old today. What do you all think? Boy or girls?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom