Bird lice!!! How do I get rid of it!

thank you very much, this article was very helpful. My chickens had the mites and i have been able to save all but one, greatly appreciate it.

do you have to stop eating eggs after treating them or dipping them with the liquid permitherin? Where do you get the insecticide?

Hello Everyone, Need your expertise please!

City dweller here. My parents live in an apartment building with a balcony that became a home to a family of pigeons! We now know that fleas, lice, and other stuff comes with pigeons because pests came in through the air conditioner and windows, etc. and infested the apartment.

They got an exterminator who sent specimens to a lab and found that there were fleas, some sort of flies, and also transparent color lice. They fumigated 5 times now -- the last 2 times with chemicals that are supposedly specific for the flies and the transparent color lice -- but the apartment is still infested.

Do you guys and ladies have any suggestions for us? This is so expensive and exhausting to tackle. It's been going on for 2 months! (The exterminator said because it's been going on for so long and the cycles, etc. that is why we did not kill all the lice in the last 2 spraying.)

Thank you in advance!

I have week old chicks that are showing signs of mites and I really really hate the idea of seven dust on my babies!!!!!! BUT. If it is completely SAFE for them then I will powder them.... But there has to be something else right? Also on a side note will chicken mites travel to other animals?

Hi, ive been using various methods to try an control lice for a few years, ive just tried some new stuff on the market, using mostly natural substances, and it gets rid of lice sooooo quickly, and they seem to stay off for weeks, seem to kill the nits or lice eggs too.

have a look at http://www.backtotheland.co.uk/poultry-health-products-anti-red-mite-paint.htm

I used the dousing system, and its a lot quicker than applying powder or using sprays. Wish i had found out about this years ago.

hope this helps other beginner keepers.

Back
Top Bottom