Bird watching

we only  have had chickens this last year (well my grandparents raised them 20 years ago for meat not for eggs) but so far we have had no sign of cougars or bobcats around. i would hate to have them around as i really do like them i think there pretty cool. for coyotes every night there out howling around the place. 

That's good they haven't come around yet! We got ours around the same time, fall 2015, so just over a year, and so far we've had a fox try to get in twice, 2 raccoons once, and the hawk when they were out. I think we probably don't have many coyotes

I saw a blue jay today :)

I'm going to fill the other feeder tomorrow and hopefully get some more birds :)

Also I saw a bunch of robins the other day or yesterday, I can't remember now lol but they came too soon as that night it got to zero and was like 17 during the day. hope they didn't freeze :/

Also maybe I should have made this for all wildlife lol got a salt block to attract deer today. I'm gonna make a separate wildlife thread though :D

Last edited:
lots of jays and i think sparrows? so far and and a few tufted titmouse. and of course an honorary squirrel who has found the feeder lol

Just filled the feeders (I admit I neglected it lately) and the bird bath which wasn't filled before and the birds immediately came back :)

Yesterday I watched a little chickadee eat at the feeder then perch on the bath and get a drink then go back to the feeder. It was adorable lol

What bird is this?? (Would have gotten a picture but it flew off).

Small bird, song bird size.

Top half of breast is black, bottom half is white or whiteish. Perfect line separating, not like jagged or mixed colors. It's back was grey I think??

What bird is this?? (Would have gotten a picture but it flew off).

Small bird, song bird size.

Top half of breast is black, bottom half is white or whiteish. Perfect line separating, not like jagged or mixed colors. It's back was grey I think??
Possibly a Dark-eyed Junco? They are on the move now that it is spring time, maybe he stopped by your place on his way through?

CLWDEJU.jpg

Possibly a Dark-eyed Junco? They are on the move now that it is spring time, maybe he stopped by your place on his way through? 

CLWDEJU.jpg

Hmmm this picture looks almost exactly like it but then other pictures on Google it looks brown with a black cap over its whole head? Which doesn't look like it so now I'm confused aha I guess the same species can look different though and this is the closest match I've found except that it's back was more of a greyish color and the black extended down further on the stomach, it was more 50/50. But then again the same species could look different just like the same breed of dog can and I also could be remembering it wrong or being too OCD LOL

I think that's it, thanks :)

So they're not year round residents here? I haven't seen it since.

Tons of chickadees though, a cardinal, and sparrows and titmouse

Back
Top Bottom