Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's chat thread. NOW ACCEPTING JOINING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink: I made a lot of grammar errors. But who care, I was just an egg!
Berny: Yeah amd I was still a little biddy.
Elvis: Aaah the memories of raising you two....
Blue: What the heck? I'm here to!
Elvis: *hugs blue*
Blue: That's better, well I have to go brood.
Talia: NNNNOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Bisquick: Lately we've been digging in our garden!!!
Buttermilk: It's a BIG one with LOTS of weeds in it!
Snap: For co-op there is a contest going on for who can clear the biggest area of space in the shortest amount of time!
Hazel: The winner(s) gets a $30 gift card to the Nestbox Store, a 5lb bag of corn, AND free hot lunch for a week!
Pippy: I am sooooo winning.
Hedwig: Correction *WE* are soooo winning.
Omelette: I hope so!!!

Pippy: I LOOOOOVE DUSTBATHING!!!
Snap: Great. Now she's gonna wanna go dustbathe.
Buttermilk: No no no no no. WAY too much slang in that sentence. 'Gonna, wanna' clean it up, Snap.
Snap:
tongue.gif

Sophia: Slloowww computer--SO SO FRUSTERATING!!
Elanor: It's not that bad.
Marianne: Not as bad as computer B23 at co-op.
Elanor: A5 is worse.
Sophia: Not as bad as C14. C14 will just randomly turn off on you.
Elanor: they fixed that, remember?
Marianne: Yeah, they fixed all the malfunctioning C lab computers. They had to do some major operating system updates and hardware replacements, since C-lab has the oldest computers. Now B lab has the slowest set of computers.
Elanor: But as I said, A5 is worse than B23.
Sophia: I think its B23, cause it won't save your stuff if you have a login name starting with the letters A-M, and mine is HenleySophia.
Elanor: So? Just use another computer.
Sophia: I can't, Mr. Crowley made a seating chart.
Elanor: So tell him your computer won't save!
Sophia: He doesn't believe me, it works for him.
Elanor: isn't is login name CrowleyJohn?
Sophia: No, TeacherCrowley

Buttermilk: WOW! We haven't been on in FOREVER!
Bisquick: Weekends bring no school, no school brings more outdoor time, and more outdoor time brings less computer time! So naturally, people wouldn't post as much...
Snap: There was this SCARY little thing that chased us today!
Hazel: Technically, she's our cousin.
Omelette: She's Mommy's sister-in-law's PUPPY!
Pippy: SO. SCARY.
Me: She was literally the size of them. XD

Spots: it was so hot outside yesterday!
Pickles: it was alright, but I would of enjoyed some rain
Butter: oh shush! It was so hot and beautiful yesterday! Your just upset because your a duck so you wanted some rain
Spots: hopefully it's hot again today! It's only early in the morning so we aren't totally sure yet!
Pickles: oh be quite Butter! And no I don't want the sun to come out... AGAIN!!!!

Marianne: we had that problem, so Mommy stuck our waterer on a two-by-four.
Elanor: AAAUGH!!! Omelette, do you take advanced The pecking Order?? I really need help with this multi-color, multi-size, flock dynamics chart?

Quote:

Elanor: See, the word problem here wants me to make a flock dynamics chart for the following situation
3 red standard fowl
1 white standard fowl
3 buff bantams.
2 blue bantams
[all hens, no rooster]

I know the red standard would be dominate, but I can't tell if the white standard would be between red standard and buff bantam, or between buff and blue, or at the bottom. I was told that in most cases size differences override color, but with such an extreme color minority...or is this coop big enough to be considered an extreme minority...??

Quote:

Gertie: The food people are back! My wound is healing!
Lady Bullseye: Don't touch me! DON'T MOVE ME OFF MY NEST BOX!!!!!! The humans keep taking me from my imaginary eggs :'( They won't be able to hatch.
Me: We don't have a "broody buster" to put her in, so we're trying to figure out what to do.
Princess: I'm feeling a little left out, the humans are paying so much attention to the wounded hen and the broody. I mean, I guess I don't mind not being held, but the others seem to be getting more free range time... :(
Me: Sorry! Things are rather complicated...
Lady: My name seems to have changed to Broody, at least they keep calling me that. I like Lady better then Broody... -DON'T TOUCH MY EGGS!!!!!

Buttermilk: Mm, all this broody talk makes me want to-
Snap Bisquick: NOOO!!!!
Bisquick: You will NOT go broody!!!
Snap: Uh-huh! What she said!
Buttermilk: Well then! I guess I will. *walk up to loft*
Snap Bisquick: NOOOOO!!!!!!!! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!
Buttermilk: *smiles* *sits in nestbox* Get in here and lay some eggs, please!
Snap: AAHH!!! NOOOO!!!!
Bisquick: *falls on ground* WE'RE TOAST!
Buttermilk: *burst out laughing* I'm just messing with you!!!
Snap Bisquick: Phew!
[In the brooder]
Omelette: Ugh! Stupid *peck* things *peck* don't *peck* give *peck* enough *peck* WATER!!!! GRRR!!!
Hedwig: Here, let me show you how it's done. *gracefully drinks water*
Omelette: Thanks, Hopey, yea it's not like you're beak is like three times smaller than mine!
Pippy: We're still figuring out the hamster bottles.
Hazel: I'm kinda getting the hang of it!
Omelette: They're so annoying. *blank look*
Hedwig: Anyways, Mommy changed our shavings, and now our water won't get dirty and no more wet shavings!!!!
Pippy: Yea, that will be nice.
Omelette: I still like the old waterer.
Hazel: *reads book* Oh well. When life gives you lemons, just suck on them.
Omelette: What????

Quote: Elanor: that doesn't make sense. Why would the white be over one of the reds--unless the third red has a higher broodiness level or some injury?
Marianne: It makes sense to me. There's enough colors in that flock that the red bantam's color majority advantage,as well as size is almost not present.
Selena: I was never able to understand that flock dynamics class, and look at them!
Whilloughby: But...

Quote: Elanor: that doesn't make sense. Why would the white be over one of the reds--unless the third red has a higher broodiness level or some injury?
Marianne: It makes sense to me. There's enough colors in that flock that the red bantam's color majority advantage,as well as size is almost not present.
Selena: I was never able to understand that flock dynamics class, and look at them!
Whilloughby: But...
Omelette: Well, I decided to put the white in there since it was standard fowl, not a bantam. Plus, what teacher gives you the answer right in front of your face???
Hazel: This was my chart:
Dominant 2nd class 3rd class 4th class (somewhat) Middle class 5th class 6th class 7th class
Bottom of
Pecking
Order
1 white SF 1 Red SF 1 Red SF 1 Red SF Blue bantam Blue Bantam Buff Bantam Buff bantam Buff bantam
Reason:
1st class: 2nd Class 3rd Class 4th Class Middle Class 5th Class 6th Class 7th Class
Red is the color that chickens can see; thus the Red SF would be at the middle class of the pecking order because of their color. If it weren't for the bantams, they would be at the bottom. (blank) (blank) (blank) I have the Blue Bantams higher in the pecking order because of their color. I will broaden more in the next classes
I have the Buff Bantams
in the bottom of the pecking order because
of their color

Since the color Buff is brighter
than blue, the Buff bantams
are more likely to be pecked

Omelette: Gosh Hazel!!! How long did that take??
Hazel: Mm, ten minutes?? What was your chart, Elanor?

Jane: Mom built us a HUGE brooder!!!!
Lizzy: It fills the whole entire EARTH!
Jane: Not THAT much.
Lizzy: ok, maybe not, but it is so big! It gives me a LOT more flying room!
Daisy: I should say so. You keep on landing on everybody!
Lizzy: Fine, I'll yell APRIL DAY APRIL DAY whenever I'm gonna land, k?
Darcy: Um, don't you mean may day?
Lizzy: Nope, it still april. :3
Daisy: *rollseyes* But Mommy came and SAT IN IT!
Darcy: Uh huh! She's fun to climb on. :D
Lizzy: I fell asleep on her!
Jane: I LOVE mommy! She's so cozy. :3

Pippy: We got to sleep in today.
Hedwig: It was soooo nice. :3
Omelette: Mommy also gave us a big drink of water from our normal waterer since she knows some of us-
Hazel: Like you.
Omelette: *death glare* - don't quite get the stupid water bottle thing.
Hedwig: It's easy! Just peck, hold, and drink!! Easy as crumbles.

Sophia's Travel log.
I am just starting to realize now that my life is not a square, penned in coop and run. The piney scented woods go on what seems like forever in every direction, there are no fences, no barriers separating us from the tall grasses and stands of birches waving beside the dainty stream. There is no ever-permeating odor here like there was at the farm, it smells of fresh mud and pine trees. Springtime here is truly lovely--not merely pretty, but lovely, trilliums and wild roses blooming everywhere you look. When I first came here, it was drabber than the farm, but now, the land is exploding with springtime.
On a completely different and much less philosophical note, Sunday I meet the neighbor chickens for the first time--exciting--but also a little scary.

Quote:

Quote: A book of Sophia's Travel logs!? But I noticed something...Teen fiction is full of books about vampires and wherewolves, but NOTHING whatsoever about chickens. Maybe I can adapt my unfinished story of Trillium and Cedar.....
Earlybird, you're dreaming here! Wake up!

Hello! I'm Back! Finally got our internet back after over a whole week of not having it!!! We had a massive ice storm that took our power out for 5 days! We don't even have a generator!
Junty: That Ice storm was a pain, I couldn't go on BYC for a week!
Goldberry: I know, it was a pain!
Queeny: And I couldn't go on facebook either!!
Buttons: On what!??
Queeny: Facebook...
Tershen: I thought you weren't allowed facebook!!
Queeny: well...
Tabura: Hmph...
Tringle: That's sooo unfair!!
Saro: I know!
In the chick enclosure:

Dotti: It's so nice to have a larger area now!
Daffodil: I know it is!
Moonshine: I can't wait until we get to move to the aviary like Nightshade and his Mommy.
Other Chicks: They're soo lucky!

In the aviary:

Didjety: Come over here.
Nightshade: Ok, Ok, It's so nice to be in with the big chickens!
Snap Dragon: *Scratch, Scratch* Hey, Look what I found! It's grey, hard and roundish!
Doby: It's a rock you silly! And it's not round!
Clover: No, It's a piece of gravel!
Snap Dragon: Whatever...

Quote:

Dotti: Well, I'm mothering them, so they just snuggled under me.
Didjety: Me too.

Pippy: Whoa! No electricity for five days!!! Glad you guys are all right.
Bisquick: ALRIIIIIGHT!!!! Tomorrow is Saturday!!!
woot.gif

Buttermilk: I got all my-
Snap: Don't say it; it's unchicken.
Buttermilk: -homework done.
Hazel: As did I. :3
Hedwig: I'm growing wing feathers! I'm also taking a Jr. Feathering class. :3
Omelette: I'm thinking about joining the Jr. Flying team....... What do you guys think? I don't fly too much like up on the brim, but I do fly around outside the brooder.

cream: dang my best friend (cookies) is broody!
cookies: hey cream do ya want to be my broody buddie
cream: NO!
cookies: aww, your no fun (thats there little conversation they had yester day LOL_)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom