Bitter spray on chickens to prevent dog attack

A few years ago I made an Habanero spray to put on plants to keep deer off of them. One of my dogs immediately went over and rolled in that spray. I didn’t have to worry about the deer eating the plant. The dog destroyed it.

Somebody needs to test the spray. Dogs like to roll in all kinds of nasty things they do not always have an interest in eating. The sprays are not all based on pepper so others might be effective.

A thought on that shock collar. You need to make sure it works each and every time on that specific dog.

Petco makes two versions, large dog and small dog. According to the lady at Petco that answers the phone the only difference in the two is range. I don’t really believe that now. But based on what she said I got the small dog version to save a few bucks since it’s cheaper and it would suit my purposes.

The prongs on that small dog version are tiny, just nubs. It would have to be a very short-haired dog for those prongs to work. I got real frustrated with that thing since most of the time it would not send a correction when I pushed the button. I finally realized what the problem was and swapped those prongs out for longer ones. Now it works consistently.

A few years ago I made an Habanero spray to put on plants to keep deer off of them. One of my dogs immediately went over and rolled in that spray. I didn’t have to worry about the deer eating the plant. The dog destroyed it.

lau.gif

Sorry about your plant.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom