Black Breasted Red Malay Chicks

I won't have any for sale this year. I just have the one pair of adults. I want to raise the chicks that hatch this year. I will have some next year if nothing happens.

I just got these from ideal poultry. I won't be breeding at all till next spring. I've put a few more pictures up so you can see the color variety.. And that as of now they are virtually combless and look nothing like cornish as some people have claimed. Again these are less than 8 weeks old

Red (pretty sure pullet)

Gold pullet

Gold pullet

Silver pullet (in the center)

Roo
Can you keep us updated on pictures from your Malays from Ideal. I would like to see how they turn out.

I took these pictures today.. They're 15 1/2 weeks old (hatched March 10th 2015)

This last one focuses on two Saipan hens and not the Malay to the left.. Almost all the chickens in the photos are just under 4 months with the exception of the lavender ameraucan roo

Here is a picture of one of mine I took yesterday next to my Jersey Giant rooster to show how tall he is already. The Jersey Giant rooster stands 27.5" at the tip of his comb. The young Malay stag is only 14 weeks old!! His siblings are just as tall as he is. They are going to be really tall birds!

Here is a picture of one of mine I took yesterday next to my Jersey Giant rooster to show how tall he is already. The Jersey Giant rooster stands 27.5" at the tip of his comb. The young Malay stag is only 14 weeks old!! His siblings are just as tall as he is. They are going to be really tall birds!
That's awesome!! I'd like to see more pictures if you have any! I use the fence as a reference and "measure them" from the outside getting down on their level.. They seem more comfortable that way and are use to getting goodies from outside the fence.

Someone wanted to know how tall my Jersey Giant was so I took a tape measure to him yesterday. Then I took one of my young Malays out of their pen and put him beside the Jersey Giant to see how he measured up. My young Malays are going to be taller than their parents.

Back
Top Bottom