Black crested White Polish

Pics
I've thought about getting into Brown red Ameraucana because there are so few people breeding them and they are hard to find.
Buffs, too, are hard to find. I see them more frequently than Brown reds, but not as frequently as the other colors. I was in a buff-hating stage when i got into ameraucanas 😂 but they’re my second-favorite variety now. No regrets on getting the wheatens, but I adore the other AM colors as well. If I weren't already breeding so much, I’d have gotten into them as well.

i am heavily biased towards loving ameraucanas though. They’re all beautiful in general.

Thats good! I’m doing the same thing with brown red japs
I didn’t know you bred brown red Japanese bantams. In hindsight, it now seems a bit obvious, given you used one to start your Brown red mottled d’uccle project. Do you ever have mottled birds pop out of your brown red Japanese, or did that solely occur with the brown red japanese x millie fleur d’uccle cross?

Buffs, too, are hard to find. I see them more frequently than Brown reds, but not as frequently as the other colors. I was in a buff-hating stage when i got into ameraucanas 😂 but they’re my second-favorite variety now. No regrets on getting the wheatens, but I adore the other AM colors as well. If I weren't already breeding so much, I’d have gotten into them as well.

i am heavily biased towards loving ameraucanas though. They’re all beautiful in general.

I didn’t know you bred brown red Japanese bantams. In hindsight, it now seems a bit obvious, given you used one to start your Brown red mottled d’uccle project. Do you ever have mottled birds pop out of your brown red Japanese, or did that solely occur with the brown red japanese x millie fleur d’uccle cross?
I'm in love with all the AMs as well. They are the base of my project. I also love my Spitzhauben and Phoenix. They are all pretty equal for me. The Orpingtons are a far second.

This year I just started my Brown red japs. Because my roo carries the mottled gene (which is why my F1s from the japxmillie Fleur crossing bird were mottled) I’m going to have to try to get that gene to disappear. I bred my brown red roo to my white black tailed jap to get pullets that are black patterned gold -necked/birchen and cockerels that are Cockerels, black patterned yellow/golden*S -necked/birchen.
So hopefully next year or this fall I can breed my new three girls back to their dad to get brown red roos. I my start a thread when my hens start laying.

P.S both my boys and girls that hatch this year started out mottled then turn the colors mentioned above

This year I just started my Brown red japs. Because my roo carries the mottled gene (which is why my F1s from the japxmillie Fleur crossing bird were mottled) I’m going to have to try to get that gene to disappear. I bred my brown red roo to my white black tailed jap to get pullets that are black patterned gold -necked/birchen and cockerels that are Cockerels, black patterned yellow/golden*S -necked/birchen.
So hopefully next year or this fall I can breed my new three girls back to their dad to get brown red roos. I my start a thread when my hens start laying.

P.S both my boys and girls that hatch this year started out mottled then turn the colors mentioned above
Good luck with that! If all of them started out mottled, you’ll probably get a few mottled chicks off the cross back to their father. At least you’ve got the silver gene out of the way though. I’m sure they’ll be pretty birds.

Not much goin’ on here. I’ve finally reached a hopefully-concrete decision on males. Keeping 3; 2 spares, 1 breeder. Mostly just popping in to share photos of my beautiful boy.

Photos shared are of the breeding male. His name is Dwight. He’s a sweetheart, and I hope it stays that way. He’s very easy to startle, so sometimes I do freak him out by accident by moving quickly or yelling. Oops. He’s stayed sweet so far though, which I love.

E3B5243D-6F75-4B92-BCB9-50650DAA1480.jpeg
69EEAEA1-7D69-428C-931C-33B00B8D75DB.jpeg

He was one of the ones who started out super light, and I thought to be blue. One of the two center-chicks below, basically. Not sure which, but I think the one directly in the front. The other matured into my best-colored pullet, Sonic. She’s always had a more upright crest than him, with a shape more similar to the middle chick.
1BF85E3A-0B69-4156-B630-E529A7EFADA9.jpeg

When I breed the two, I’ll see what they make. Sonic isn’t laying yet, but has begun to grow larger wattles. I can wiggle them now 😆.
D824262C-EBBE-445C-8A9C-7E2C927C2C1C.jpeg

To end this out, I’ve got 6 eggs on the incubator right now, in thanks to the girl below.
1E57B5BF-A999-4917-AD0E-476E888A7E23.jpeg

Not much goin’ on here. I’ve finally reached a hopefully-concrete decision on males. Keeping 3; 2 spares, 1 breeder. Mostly just popping in to share photos of my beautiful boy.

Photos shared are of the breeding male. His name is Dwight. He’s a sweetheart, and I hope it stays that way. He’s very easy to startle, so sometimes I do freak him out by accident by moving quickly or yelling. Oops. He’s stayed sweet so far though, which I love.

View attachment 3651282View attachment 3651299

He was one of the ones who started out super light, and I thought to be blue. One of the two center-chicks below, basically. Not sure which, but I think the one directly in the front. The other matured into my best-colored pullet, Sonic. She’s always had a more upright crest than him, with a shape more similar to the middle chick.
View attachment 3651304

When I breed the two, I’ll see what they make. Sonic isn’t laying yet, but has begun to grow larger wattles. I can wiggle them now 😆.View attachment 3651318

To end this out, I’ve got 6 eggs on the incubator right now, in thanks to the girl below.
View attachment 3651319
Yay! Babies soon then!!:ya

Yay! Babies soon then!!:ya
Yep! If all goes well, the 6 will hatch the 23rd or 24th. I intend to continue hatching from here on out though. Florida winter isn't too bad. I expect to have to keep the BCW chicks inside for a little while though. My adults were not cold-resistant at all when I got them, and I factor that into part of the reason I lost the chicks I did.

Back
Top Bottom