Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Pics
I got 10 njbg on 15 oct 2014,some of them just started laying, they are small brown eggs, but understand they will get larger. I have 1 rooster, he is quiet handsome, but started out with a very aggressive nature, until i got his attention. He seems to get along with the rest of the flock and us now. It took afew whacks before he quit attacking everyone that came in his domain. I also have 10 Blackbared that live with them no problems as yet, 2 of them are roos

I have 24 black jersey hens that are just a year old and the eggs are big they don't fit in an extra large egg carton..lol or jumbo...:lol:..so not sure what to put them in when I sell my eggs..any ideas?

The birds getting out in the grass after a long winter. Was pretty funny at first. Stretching their wings and trying to fly with the "winter weight" hahaha. Lost one last fall due to what must have been a heart attack during a bad tstorm. Otherwise all are intact. Even one that just about killed a coon in the middle of the night. Eggs galore most of the time and I've found a handful of food robbers that they didn't like. Squirrels and chipmunks anyway, guess they can't get them down their throats. Mice just get eaten so i call that a win. My birds eat grain fed mice!!!

Ordered 10 Black Jersey Giants from McMurray. They are a week and a half old today. All arrived happy and healthy and are doing well so far. I am looking forward to watching them grow up.

One of my Jersey Giant roosters streatching. I just had one hatch right now! I can hear him in the incubator. I have been waiting all day for him to come! I am having a few more that will be here soon!

Back
Top Bottom