Black pepper

I'm trying to figure out how much black pepper to put in my chicken feed if anybody use and if so how much do you put in?

Thanks
Never heard of any using black pepper before.
May I ask why you would want to use it?

Since you asked so politely...

over the last few years I'm sure you are aware antibiotics don't really work as nearly as good as they used to especially for chickens more importantly demand for natural non- antibiotics and naturally raised chickens have gone through the roof so the farmer started speculating with different anti-fungal anti-bacterial to help promote healthy chicken life one of which is black pepper that they're finding out works pretty well...

And since I'm not doing this on Industrial Level I was just trying to figure out if anybody uses it and how much for small flock..

If you Google this you could probably spend hours learning about these new strategies. I was just hoping to piggyback off someone's else's trial and error!!!

Fyi i increased my own black pepper consumption drastically after learning about the medical properties in black pepper!

Interesting and interested. I'm going to see if I can find a few medical studies now. Thx.

Since you asked so politely...

over the last few years I'm sure you are aware antibiotics don't really work as nearly as good as they used to especially for chickens more importantly demand for natural non- antibiotics and naturally raised chickens have gone through the roof so the farmer started speculating with different anti-fungal anti-bacterial to help promote healthy chicken life one of which is black pepper that they're finding out works pretty well...

And since I'm not doing this on Industrial Level I was just trying to figure out if anybody uses it and how much for small flock..

If you Google this you could probably spend hours learning about these new strategies. I was just hoping to piggyback off someone's else's trial and error!!!

Fyi i increased my own black pepper consumption drastically after learning about the medical properties in black pepper!
This is really old, but for anyone new I would advise against adding black pepper to your chickens food. It can reduce the amount of eggshell per egg, and it increases triglycerides in the bloodstream,which isn't good.

If you want antibiotics, natural ones, then try oregano oil. It's antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal. I'm using wild crafted, harvested from the wild, to treat my babies now. A lot of people use it to treat coccidiosis.

Back
Top Bottom