Red Chili Pepper Flakes

MarkRainbolt

Songster
Apr 30, 2022
Saint James Missouri
Was curious on how many times a week you give your chickens pepper flakes? I was reading a few articles from the Missouri agricultural college about some of the benefits of pepper flakes in their diet. But it did not mention the frequency on giving them the pepper flakes. So I figured I would ask on here. Have a Wonderful Day!!!!
Mark

Honestly I get the 13.5 Oz container and dump it in with a whole bag of feed and jus mix if the pepper flakes out way the pellets I jus add an even amount of pellets to it. Ive never measured my quantity. Lol

Hey Jennell,
That’s a interesting way of doing it. Do you think the benefits of chilli peppers is worth the extra time and money?
Mark
We have laid back on the pepper flakes bc it’s summer and HOT here in TN, I’ve noticed less consistency in my egg layers since cutting it for sure. It’s every other day I get the full 5 count. Before I was getting 5 every day or the day after. Now I get 2 on some days and more on others, and my girls are about to be 2.

We have laid back on the pepper flakes bc it’s summer and HOT here in TN, I’ve noticed less consistency in my egg layers since cutting it for sure. It’s every other day I get the full 5 count. Before I was getting 5 every day or the day after. Now I get 2 on some days and more on others, and my girls are about to be 2.
Light is decreasing. This impacts egg laying. Depending on how old your egg layers are they may be getting ready to molt. When they molt, they tend to not lay eggs. Switch to a higher protein feed, they don’t need layer when molting, but benefit from higher protein.

Back
Top Bottom