Black sex link male or female

Thats what i been thinking i hope she a girl there was no garentee what sex she was she was a run

Silkies are hard to sex...and at 3 months, to early for any certainty.

I'm leaning to rooster.

Silkie roosters are taller and lankier in body build while pullets are more low rider.

At 3 months, that's more comb than I would like to see on a Silkie at that age....but it is not clear for a rooster either.

Time will tell.

LofMc

I really hope not i love her. I thought females had fast tail and wing development? My mom has a brown one and a black one the white and brown are about the same size and the black one is small i thought the brown and mine were girls and the black one a boy but im no expert

I really hope not i love her. I thought females had fast tail and wing development? My mom has a brown one and a black one the white and brown are about the same size and the black one is small i thought the brown and mine were girls and the black one a boy but im no expert

Feather development is totally different among breeds and lines within breeds. Often, but not always, males mature more slowly than females, but often not slowly enough that you can tell at a glance. If you purchased at a feed store, you can actually get chicks that are from different hatch lots and slightly different ages, which can account for the feathering/maturity differences.

Lines mature differently as well.

Silkies are notorious for being ambiguous as males and females have the same feather types. A male might mature slightly slower, but then again, some girls don't grow as fast either.

You simply have to wait with Silkies. Many of the most experienced Silkie breeders will not guarantee their birds as to gender for a number of months.

LofMc

Pearl is actully 7 weeks old i got it mixed up also her wing and tail development was fast so was my moms brown one the black one she has is small and the wing and tail development are slow

Ill have to get better pictures of the brown and black tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom