Black sex link thread!!! Pics and info!

Pics
I have a bsl that I keep thinking is a cockerel. 9 weeks old. Heavy red comb compared to the other pullets and has short blunt tail feathers. It does have black feathers with nice brown feathers mixed in. Aren't cockerels barred though?
She looks like a pullet to me! Very pretty! Yes, roosters do have barring so it'd be impossible for her to be a rooster unless she was a totally different mix.

Thank you so much! Based on one of the other posts, I put a spoonful of yogurt in their water. We haven't given them any treats yet because they are so young. They are drinking it, so I really hope that works! It was finally warm enough to get them outside for a bit today too. I believe sunlight and fresh air are also good for the immune system.
How's your BSL chick doing? Hope she's better!

She looks like a pullet to me!  Very pretty!   Yes, roosters do have barring so it'd be impossible for her to be a rooster unless she was a totally different mix.

Thanks! All three of these pullets are something. Very hyper and full of energy. Run screeching at me full speed when I get to the coop. She's the most reserved of the three though.

She still smells yeasty, I only tried the yogurt for one day. It was pretty disgusting. I ordered some probiotics, so I'm hoping they will help. She sure is scruffier looking than the rest, but they are all in week 5 and don't look their best. She seems to be the same size as the rest of them, and definitely has the same energy levels. Thank you for asking about her though. I sure hope she gets better and thrives. I am liking her personality, she's getting tamer. She reminds me a lot of our Barred Rock.

So my two black sex link girls. Well I hope they are both black sex link girls. One has such a big red comb at 5/6 weeks old. Jane already is so red. Just want to make sure she is a sex link and not something else...

Daria's comb is so small and yellow compared to Jane's.

Hi! This is my girl. I think she is a black star but not sure. I was wondering how big black sexlinks get. Avery is 2.8 pounds at almost 12 weeks. How big do you think she will get? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Hi! This is my girl. I think she is a black star but not sure. I was wondering how big black sexlinks get. Avery is 2.8 pounds at almost 12 weeks. How big do you think she will get? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
She's normal size for her age. At 12 weeks, she's about halfway to her adult weight. Most average between 5 and 6 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom