Bless Their Heart... And Other Southern Sayings

Quote:
You are soooo right... and they are so friendly... Just something about a southern woman that can make you feel at ease... but don't be fooled!!! If you wrile her... She'll get ya!!
ep.gif

For some reason.. when I am talking on the phone with my brothers and my sister in law.... I start talking with a southern drawl....
lol.png
my children get a big kick out of it... just something in my "jeans" I guess...
lau.gif

I just got off the phone from a brother in Florida.. but as I said... they were born and lived in Tennessee.. Any who... he always says... "Well, I'll be"... no matter what it is... Well I'll be...

Played in a band for a while to get me through college with some guys who grew up up north. One day I said "mash" that button on the amplifier and they all flipped out.

Dad would say "ill slap the taste outchu mouth"

Also, when I would hang out with people I had no business hanging out with as a kid, my dad would say "son if you play with s**t, you'll get s**t on you." He was right.

Quote:
I used to work with a group of women and when one would say Jaeatyet? The others would reply, No, Djew?

And it was colder than a well diggers hind end.

And if something was hard to do, it was like pullin hen's teeth.

My grandmother would never have used a bad word, she would say dagnabit, or consarnit.

If you are talking about the area you live in it is "our neck of the woods".

My family said things were harder than pulling hens teeth too!

Grandma used to say, "That woman is a bold piece of baggage!" I never quite knew what a bold piece of baggage was but clearly it was not good. Or worse a Brazen piece of baggage. Whew did NOT want people calling you THAT behind your back!
lau.gif
gig.gif

"pee like a racehorse"
"built better than a brick s**t house"

Oh and I was talking to a fellow the other day about his puppy housebreaking problems. Round here when you have a dog that is difficult to housebreak, folks call it a "sooner"

As in sooner crap inside than out.

I am from Pennsylvania ( a yankee as I am referred to in GA) and my husband is born and raised in Georgia. We often have a communication problem. I cant always understand him and he is always telling me to stop talking like a yankee (bless my heart!!!!)
th.gif

I ate so much I frogged my sides...
I'm stuffed like a tick...
It's comin up a cloud...

And it took me adult age to finally know that food "ruins" it doesn't "rern" or become "rernt".

Oh! And if a man says "I gotta go see a man about a dog" don't ask if you can come along... haha!

First time I heard that I was like I want to see a dog, too!!
BIG mistake... means he's goin to pee...

Back
Top Bottom