blind eye crooked neck

colowyo0809

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
Dacono, CO
so hammi our silver spangled hamburg is not correct. She has one eye closed and her head bent at an angle. Anyone know what this is about? We've brought her inside for the time being, and are keeping her in a cat carrier when we are both gone during the day. Pictures are below

Here is a pic of her eye (that is me in the background
tongue.png
)

And a pic of how she holds her head

What do you think it might be?

She has been like this for two (three counting today) days now. She is 16-17 weeks old. And while I am not fully discounting the possibility of Mareks, I don't think that is it. I have checked that eye and as far as how it looks go, it looks fine (the eyeball I mean). I believe the crook neck is because she is trying to protect that eye, and compensate for having the one eye, but I could be wrong on that score. I'm just not sure how she would have gotten Mareks though. We have not had it here yet, and this is our first time raising chickens, and our neighbors, who also have chickens, have not had it. *sigh* and this is my partner's favourite pullet too.

Thank you btw for responding!

we had a chicken just do the same thing i think it was compacted crop they say to give olive oil an yougurt mix an then masage the crop till it loosens up she may start puking trying to get it up good luck ours did not make it we cought it to late would not eat anything.just my 2cents hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom