Blinking Red Light Boxes

Those that are 'Pro': Do you use the 2 bulb version or the one bulb version?

To the one who asked above where do we get these, I have seen ads for them in the chicken magazines I buy at Tractor Supply.
(I am terrible at using the quote app)

Perhaps, but if a placebo makes me sleep better at night.... LOL

And, in all honesty, I was wondering if I should experiment with hanging some blinking christmas lights!
A lot cheaper if I use the strand that doesn't have all of its lights working!

my experiences with the nite guard lights.. to date they are still working.. and we know the raccoons are still around.. my husband caught one yesterday morning on our enclosed front porch looking for the cat's food (we pick it up at night.. but the cats must have spilled out a few crumbs)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=533009

if the lights are nothing but "luck" then I should start playing the lottery!

Quote:
I use both, as a matter of fact. The original Nite Guard units are the one bulb ones, and the newer, two light units are another company. Same price online, so I bought some two-light units, and I will get more of them to supplement the perimeter.

Quote:
I use christmas tinsel and C/D's tied to fishing swivels with light gauge copper wire to Attract bobcats to my traps I have used a blinking light form spencers to attract the same
smile.png

Quote:
Hi M.sue - Here's where I got mine.

http://www.randallburkey.com/Nite-Guard-Solar/productinfo/67000/

Back at ya and thanks for the info!! I put into my favorites and I think I'll get some. I love the fact that they are solar charged!!
Couple months ago neighbor said his DW heard my gals making a ruckus about 3 in the morning. We didn't hear a thing, we had windows wide open and my ever alert territorial dog didn't hear/notice anything.....she never misses a beat and I'm a light sleeper. Anyway, we do have critters out here big & small and I think they are a good idea. Thanks again!!

I have used the Nite Guards for 1.5 years on all four sides of my coop/run and have never seen any evidence of a predator coming around, and I live on 10 wooded acres on rural NC with lots of predators in the area. My setup is very secure as well, so that may be contributing to it. BTW I bought mine on Ebay.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom