Block swap. We need no more.

Quote:
It's funny I seem to have a lot of those around to. lol But we only may have 12 so that won't be so big to put together. Let me know if you want to join and I can't wait to see a pic.

Quote:
I really don't think that the Carrie Nation is a hard pattern, it just looks really complicated. The hardest part will be to make sure that the blue and white squares form a line down the center. I always have to lay out the pieces into the finished block shape before I start sewing it together. The strip technique is really slick for making the little blue and white squares, you can even use it for the red and whites to spped things up.

How old are your students? how much sewing experience do they have?

Quote:
Do you mean like a sticky note on them or for people to write on them? I would prefer not to have mine wrote on but it's up to all of you and say if 5 people want them wrote on then we can send 5 out with names on them and I'll do my best to make sure they go to the right people.
fl.gif

Sorry I forgot to say I didn't get one done over the weekend. I needed to clean off my desk before I could start on it.
barnie.gif
The desk is now clean and I'm working on the first one now.

Last edited:
No just a label or sticky to say who made the block

X2. Love this idea. The little labels I use for my file folders should do nicely.
thumbsup.gif

ETA: I ordered some really great fabric from Fabric.com for this block. I have the worst habit of having ideas formed in my head before I hit the store. What I want is never there. Luckily, the internet makes everything local.​

Last edited:
The kids are 3rd - 6th, some have more experience than others, we only meet once a week except for some who come in at lunch. The cutting and piecing of too many smaller pieces in one block can be very frustrating and I've lost a few because of it in the past. Sewing strips, measuring and cutting those are great, but too many little, medium, small, squares and such intimidates them.
Quote:
I really don't think that the Carrie Nation is a hard pattern, it just looks really complicated. The hardest part will be to make sure that the blue and white squares form a line down the center. I always have to lay out the pieces into the finished block shape before I start sewing it together. The strip technique is really slick for making the little blue and white squares, you can even use it for the red and whites to spped things up.

How old are your students? how much sewing experience do they have?

As soon as I can find out how to put a pic up. I'll put up the one I did and some better directions that make it a lot easier. In the directions it say to cut 8 of the white I only did 4. I cut a 31/2" strip of the red and white as long as the fabric the one below I didn't but I will from now I will because we are making more then one. Then I cut them to 3 1/2 this way you have more then 4. If you do them like it says to do the blue and white that's faster. I bet it only took me 20 minutes to put it all together. Hope this helps.

Ok I found another thread LOL not sure yet how to save it so I can find you all again, I did finally get a couple pictures of the exchange quilt we doid on ECFans, but now I have to figure out how to upload to the new site and edit the post so I can add the pictures hehehe this may take all day......... hehehe Kim

Last edited:
That is very nice. I love the one with the bear. I see now at the bottom there's a button to subscribe. If you click that you should be able to get back to us. But now she's gone will she ever get back to us.
lol.png

COME ON PEOPLE WE NEED YOU. THESE ARE EASY BLOCKS. YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN.

Ok I found another thread LOL not sure yet how to save it so I can find you all again, I did finally get a couple pictures of the exchange quilt we doid on ECFans, but now I have to figure out how to upload to the new site and edit the post so I can add the pictures hehehe this may take all day......... hehehe Kim

Back
Top Bottom