Block swap. We need no more.

Nope please send all 12 blocks to me. It makes it easier because if some send them and some don't it doesn't take much
th.gif
for me to get confused. I did a swap one time I think it was 20 blocks and I didn't count them when I got them, this time I will, not everyone sent 20 blocks so I only ended up with 14 blocks for myself..

Please, for the new people, don't forget to put an envelope with the correct postage in the package you send to me so I can send them back.
wink.png
I can have those blond moments.
lau.gif
Any other question just let me know I'm happy to answer them for you.
Hi Gin,
Sorry I'm blond. Now just for the records..........we are 11 girls, which will make 12 blocks.........11 blocks got send to you, one block stays @ home
wink.png
, so basically we only send 10 blocks and 2 will stay home, so nobody need to make 6 extra............. or am I totally wrong?
By the way, did I say, that I'm blond?
gig.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for offering but we have one more person who said they wanted to join. White on white is ok because looking at mine it has the same thing. I hope you didn't start your extra six. Ginger

I am also Very Blonde. I thought we were supposed to send all 12 and then 12 will be sent back. Either way is fine with me. I am willing to make 6 more blocks if someone else wants to make six. Does it have to be different material patterns than the original one you are doing? Also I have white on white fabric is that okay?
Thanks
Rita

Now that was a good idea m.kitchengirl but nhiemberg has ask to join us so we are ok.
wink.png

I'm reluctant to take on 6 more - I have some looming deadlines for custom ordered knit items & work, or I would LOVE to help - but I wonder if "we" somehow posted in the tagline that we were looking for someone to split blocks with another person (6 and 6) if we could rope someone in who is "on the fence".
wink.png

I bet there is someone who has been lurking, wanting to do the swap but worried about the number of blocks, who would step up if they only had to make 6.

PS. My fabric hasn't come yet, but it shipped today! WooHoo! I am ready to get quilting & take a break from all the knitting I have been doing lately.

So if we get our last "signee" we are good to go :) Just checked...we do :) Now off to do some sausage and buttermilk pancakes, and dig out my stash again before buying more...not sure if that's good or bad
lau.gif

Last edited:
Yay! Thanks for adding me. Im excited about using some stash. I know I will have to buy some fabric, but can someone estimate fabric amounts for the 12 blocks for each color? Im soo not good at that. Ive done this block before and it was alot of fun and went together quickly because it is cut from strips.

My other question. I have some dark blue with small gold stars on it. Should it be as close to solid as possible ( like tone on tone or solid) or would other colors in it be ok as long as it is primarily blue?

~Natasha

Yay! Thanks for adding me. Im excited about using some stash. I know I will have to buy some fabric, but can someone estimate fabric amounts for the 12 blocks for each color? Im soo not good at that. Ive done this block before and it was alot of fun and went together quickly because it is cut from strips.

My other question. I have some dark blue with small gold stars on it. Should it be as close to solid as possible ( like tone on tone or solid) or would other colors in it be ok as long as it is primarily blue?

~Natasha

I hope that mostly blue is close enough, otherwise I think I will need to buy fabric - I have alot that is mostly blue, but very little, if any, that is just blue on blue. Same with the reds - mostly red, but with a pattern on it.

I always check that it "reads" the right color. Drape it over the back of the kitchen chair and step back about 6-8 feet. What color does it look? If you can't tell in a glance then it may be too busy to work in this pattern.

What does everyone else think? am I on the right track?

I think your on the right track. I needed to look at mine to see if it was blue or black. then I still ask my DS to make sure.

Dark blue with small gold stars on it is fine. Mine has little white stars on it. I will have to sit down and do some math
nheimbrg to figure out how much we need. I would think with the blue you would only need a fat quarter if you cut them the length of the fabric. Now the white and red I will work on. If anyone is better at this then me please feel free to let us know the answer.

Boy I wish I had some sausage and buttermilk pancakes Now I'm hungry.

EVERYONE, don't worry if there's a pattern on your fabric as long as it looks red or blue for the most part we are good.

wyoDreamer, if you want a reason to buy fabric you can use this as an excuse.
gig.gif

I hope that mostly blue is close enough, otherwise I think I will need to buy fabric - I have a lot that is mostly blue, but very little, if any, that is just blue on blue. Same with the reds - mostly red, but with a pattern on it.

I always check that it "reads" the right color. Drape it over the back of the kitchen chair and step back about 6-8 feet. What color does it look? If you can't tell in a glance then it may be too busy to work in this pattern.

What does everyone else think? am I on the right track?

I need to ask all of you who sent me an email with your information on it to please send it again. My DS was kind enough to clean out all my emails last night.
barnie.gif

I have the PM's just not the emails. Thanks and sorry about that.

Ginger, I am so happy that you now have the 12 people for this swap...I would have helped out but you know why I can't. Thanks so much for being a most awesome friend. <3

<-----------------------------Please pray for our baby girl as we are back in the Carilion Roanoke Hospital in the PICU tonight due to high fevers and low blood counts. Thanks a bunch from all of you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom