Blood and worm in poop?

I'm not the one to ask about electrolytes. I used a mixture of potassium, sugar and salt. I believe the recipe was in the Chicken Health Handbook that I bought at TSC. I fed her scrambled eggs and plain yogurt.

We had a day in the 90's a few days after Honey finished corvid treatment. She was not handling the heat well at all.
I gave her a cool bath and took her into the house. She stayed ten nights in the house.

I'm not the one to ask about electrolytes. I used a mixture of potassium, sugar and salt. I believe the recipe was in the Chicken Health Handbook that I bought at TSC. I fed her scrambled eggs and plain yogurt.

We had a day in the 90's a few days after Honey finished corvid treatment. She was not handling the heat well at all.
I gave her a cool bath and took her into the house. She stayed ten nights in the house.
Unfortunately I can’t keep in the house it is still eating and drinking and I provide many places for water and food as one hen is molting and is being a bword chicken, no pecking just charging at the smaller birds scaring them away. I know many would say to separate but I know separating gets them sooo stressed out and with this heatwave I don’t know. It’s only day five of treatment. I hope poops get back to normal.

It took weeks for Honey's to return to normal. If I remember correctly she only had a slight amount of blood early on, that went away during the corvid treatment. Even after she stopped soiling all over herself her poops were still like cornbread batter consistency.

Keep her vent as clean and dry as possible. Read up on preventing fly strike.
20231007_061833.jpg
We don’t have running water out to the coop. One of these shower heads that screw onto a water bottle came in very handy for quick chicken butt cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom