Blood in poop

Yes, there is a 14 day egg withdrawal with most wormers including SafeGuard/fenbendazole. When using the SafeGuard Aquasol, the weaker form that only treats round worms, there is no egg withdrawal. So, if you treat the one hen with the stronger dose, you could just use the Aquasol on the others. Just remember that it won’t treat capillary worms. It might be worth a call to your vet to see what they think. Some people ignore egg withdrawal times with routine worming. I think that @azygous actually has a thread about her experiment with not using an egg withdrawal with SafeGuard.
The SafeGuard liquid goat dewormer I ordered arrives tomorrow. I will treat the other 13 girls starting tomorrow and for 5 days. I will weigh them and do .23ml per pound.
The hen I went to the vet about has completed two days of the Panacur so far. The vet gave me pre-loaded syringes for her. She will finish her meds on Friday. Only a few are laying since it is cold/winter so I won't waste too many eggs by doing a 14 day withdrawal.
I appreciate all of your help/info

Back
Top Bottom