Bloody vent

@Angie16hearts Please start a thread asap in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures forum section.

In the thread tell us where the injury/cause of bleeding is located (internal or external), how long she's been like this, when did she last lay an egg, did she show any signs of lethargy, not eating/drinking, acting offish, did she get pecked by other chickens? ANY info you can think off to help us help you.

All I can suggest treatment-wise with the little info we got is clean her up, find the source of the bleeding and try to stop it. Keep the hen warm and keep her still.

Good luck!

Th
@Angie16hearts
 Please start a thread asap in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures forum section.

In the thread tell us where the injury/cause of bleeding is located (internal or external), how long she's been like this, when did she last lay an egg, did she show any signs of lethargy, not eating/drinking, acting offish, did she get pecked by other chickens? ANY info you can think off to help us help you.

All I can suggest treatment-wise with the little info we got is clean her up, find the source of the bleeding and try to stop it. Keep the hen warm and keep her still. 

Good luck! 
thank you so much! I'm going to try to clean her. I will move this to the thread you are suggesting was just panicked. Thanks again to everyone who replied.

@Angie16hearts
 Please start a thread asap in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures forum section.

Good luck! 
I'm sorry to bug! I can't figure out how to start a thread on this subject. I'm on my I phone app. If anyone can help ? I'll keep trying thanks again

Help!!! I have a hen with a bloody vent. It's actually my friends. I have my own flock and am not sure if I can spread this as I have little info on what's going on.
This is the 3 rd hen to have a bloody vent the other two died very quickly!! Yesterday she was acting tired just laying down. She was still eating and drinking . All 6 birds were purchased already laying. Any info would be great!!! I have put her in a kennel by herself with food and water. Here are the pictures I was able to get. I want to help her! She let me pick her up without a fight and these girls are not really friendly like mine. I think her time is ticking please help? Should the whole flock be removed bleach down coops and start over? I think where they came from is a big problem. I have 14 hens and have hatched or broodied over 80 chicks this year. However I haven't come across this yet. Thank u in advance!!!! Anyone??
If you can't take her to a vet, get her inside and cleaned up, then post new close-up pictures of her vent.

-Kathy

I hope your chicken is okay. Sorry I haven't seen this until now. I ended up having to take mine to a vet but her vent wasn't quite this bloody.

Do you have her in with drake ducks thay could possibly be trying to mate with her? Drakes and roosters are not equipped with the same parts which does cause problems some times. Has she laid an egg recently? My duck had been overmated, became egg bound due to not enough calcium and eventually prolapsed, which took vet help to fix. I'm hoping you were able to find answers before it was too late.

Please just let us know how she's doing. Thanks.

I hope your chicken is okay. Sorry I haven't seen this until now. I ended up having to take mine to a vet but her vent wasn't quite this bloody.

Do you have her in with drake ducks thay could possibly be trying to mate with her? Drakes and roosters are not equipped with the same parts which does cause problems some times. Has she laid an egg recently? My duck had been overmated, became egg bound due to not enough calcium and eventually prolapsed, which took vet help to fix. I'm hoping you were able to find answers before it was too late.

Please just let us know how she's doing. Thanks.
We ended up putting her in a cozy kennel. Washing her off. I trimmed her up. Kept her still and fed her ACV, sea kelp in plain yogurt, eggs, tomatoes and oyster shells. We just moved her back cause her comb ended up dropping but some how managed to perk back up. ,my only worry is no egg yet and my boss bought battery hens who have runny noses . I also am worried about my flock catching 1/2 or both these things. What ever it was that happened to her. When I see a egg I'll be happier. I checked her to make sure she wasn't egg bound. Thank you! What ended up hApping with your? No ducks around.

Back
Top Bottom