Blooie's Blankie Fort

Don't laugh
And don't doubt me!
smile.png

I am officially ready to put these eggs under a heating pad with a wet paper towel and leave them alone. I don't know what I'm doing, I don't want to let Alex @MyPetChicken down, and I don't want to end up killing these little creatures before I even see them. I don't want to let @LocalYokel down. I'm just confused and frustrated I guess and in over my head here.

I'm going to go eat some crayons and wash them down with a 2 liter bottle of coke now.

Oh no! Don't get discouraged! You'll do great. I'm happy to offer advice or answer any questions you might have.

Hatching is a lot of fun and once you have done it a few times...you'll be hatching like crazy!

Alex
My Pet Chicken

I am officially ready to put these eggs under a heating pad with a wet paper towel and leave them alone.  I don't know what I'm doing, I don't want to let Alex @MyPetChicken
 down, and I don't want to end up killing these little creatures before I even see them.  I don't want to let @LocalYokel
 down.  I'm just confused and frustrated I guess and in over my head here.  

I'm going to go eat some crayons and wash them down with a 2 liter bottle of coke now.

You can do it...... :hugs

Y'know the old saying, if at first you don't suceed, try try again.....
You won't be letting anyone down if they don't hatch, and you will never get chicks if you don't try!

I am officially ready to put these eggs under a heating pad with a wet paper towel and leave them alone.  I don't know what I'm doing, I don't want to let Alex @MyPetChicken
 down, and I don't want to end up killing these little creatures before I even see them.  I don't want to let @LocalYokel
 down.  I'm just confused and frustrated I guess and in over my head here.  

well, my first set of eggs I had asked the breeder what he used for humidity and temps. He advised to just follow my own incubator instructions. So I did. I left the temps at the factory settings. And concentrated on learning about how to keep the humidity fairly stable. Mine has an alarm for when the humidity drops too low. Maybe yours does too? So I tried to keep it around 10 point range of that alarm number. So for me, that alarm would beep at 44%. So I learned to be happy with swings anywhere from 34-55%. Did it go lower or higher than that for me? Yes it did. But don't panic, I think it is the overall average that counts. As for the temperature. It has a regular cycle that it goes through. I didn't touch any factory settings. You have 18 days to get used to the routine of your incubators. On day 19 increase humidity according to the instructions that came with that incubator. I did adjust the alarm number up then. Because I used the alarm to wake up at night to add water. You can do this. You are at a high stress level right now. High stress can cause your alligator brain to panic. You are already used to dealing with autism. You know how to calm the girls down. Because you have been doing it. Well, when you panic and are overwhelmed, it is only your inner autistic side showing itself. Just recognize that for this minute you are feeling and acting and being your own autistic granddaughter. But because you have already been dealing with their feelings, you will be able to use that knowledge to recognize and help calm yourself. KISS, keep it simple silly. Hugs.... Yes, I have a 12 year old autistic granddaughter. My 2nd son has asbergers which is also on the spectrum. Your granddaughter is smart! Anytime they don't follow the rules and solve the problem without fuss is showing that she is thinking outside of the box. Just like her grandmother!!! Lol

So glad I got here early. I will be setting 10 eggs today in my new FI 4250 forced air digital. I have ordered 12 eggs from my pet chicken but they won't arrive until May 2nd. So I found a friend here in town that has fertile chicken eggs and I got 10 eggs from her. Yay me!!! This is my first attempt at hatching. I'm a nervous wreck and I haven't even got started yet. I have an incaview incubator from incubator warehouse coming in the mail but is taking so long I bought one from TSC. So I guess I'll have a backup incubator LOL. I got my first 10 chicks from MPC last year in June and they are beautiful so I decided this year I needed to add to my flock only because my dog got two of my hens and well I'm addicted now so since I waited so late to order I couldn't get everything I wanted so I ordered eggs and chicks, so my eggs (if all goes well) and chicks should hatch and arrive on the same day or within one day of each other! But first my attempt will be with some free eggs and hopefully babies in 21 days!

Blooie, a hen sits on the eggs, pokes them every now and again, gets up to get something to eat once a day, and talks to the kids occasionally. You have to replicate that, you can do it, think like a chicken, be the chicken, release your inner chicken, pick a bad clique pun and go with it.

I do understand the stress of others watching you, I would have been in the blankie fort by myself. Good luck again.

Blooie, a hen sits on the eggs, pokes them every now and again, gets up to get something to eat once a day, and talks to the kids occasionally. You have to replicate that, you can do it, think like a chicken, be the chicken, release your inner chicken, pick a bad clique pun and go with it.

I do understand the stress of others watching you, I would have been in the blankie fort by myself. Good luck again.
People look at me funny when I release my inner chicken.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom