Blooie's Blankie Fort

Guess I should explain. Not long ago My Pet Chickens held a contest, with the winner to be drawn at random, to win a dozen hatching eggs. They also offered a 10% discount to folks who ordered at that time. So I entered, even knowing I wouldn't win (on accounta the last thing I won was hubby's heart and that was 48 years ago) then I took advantage of the discount and I ordered 9 eggs. Oh, I was sooo excited! I was getting 9 eggs and I was going to hatch for the first time. <Snip!>
Not really a hijack, just pulling you aside for a comment; If after almost a half century the heart of the person you won is sill won, then you have won everything you will ever need.

Not really a hijack, just pulling you aside for a comment; If after almost a half century the heart of the person you won is sill won, then you have won everything you will ever need.
I so agree! We celebrated our 48th anniversary on Leapyear day. I've thought about trading him in a few times, but he's good to the kids and the dog don't bite him. Besides, it's too hard to housebreak another one and I've got this one pretty well trained now. At least he gets trash put on the counter above the garbage can now....another 48 years and he may figure out how the lid works on that thing and get the trash IN the can.

Love my Ken....

I so agree! We celebrated our 48th anniversary on Leapyear day. I've thought about trading him in a few times, but he's good to the kids and the dog don't bite him. Besides, it's too hard to housebreak another one and I've got this one pretty well trained now. At least he gets trash put on the counter above the garbage can now....another 48 years and he may figure out how the lid works on that thing and get the trash IN the can.

Love my Ken....

You guys look so good together!!!
smile.png
I absolutely love that outfit BTW!

Seems like the best candling photos are white and/or bantam eggs.....and most the eggs I've hatched are too dark to see much, thus pretty disappointing.

LMAO!!
They are, but even though you can see in person very well right up into the second week, after day 5 (with my cheaper non professional sanyo camera..lol) it's hard to get a decent pic. These are my next 5 days:

I just hatched 10 of them, they are so cute!!! They are the light ones standing tall on the left.

They are all adorable!

I bought eggs from a local gal last spring to hatch mine from. 11 hatchers. I wanted to keep 4 girls and 2 boys. I picked what I thought was girls and sold the other 5. In the ones I sold I was sure there was 1 girl and the rest were boys. I am almost positive only one of them were girls. (That type of comb makes it hard to tell.) I ended up with ONE girl and 5 boys....lol so I gave my sister and nephew the 4 extra roos. So I collected her eggs for 10 days and the oldest egg quit 2 days ago and the other 9 are still going good. So hoping I can get some females this time!! lol

Back
Top Bottom