Blue Ameraucana thread!

Pics

Here are photos

All grown up

Hello Everyone,

Just curious if anyone knows of any true Ameraucana breeders that sell chicks in the Maine or New Hampshire area? I would love to have a blue roo, and a few females (wouldn't mind a few black or lavender females too). All I have been able to find online for breeders are either sold out, or only sell straight run and most require a min of 25 chicks (I already have 44 chickens and plan on hatching some in April, I don't really need 25 more on top of that!) I appreciate any help! Thanks!!

Hello Everyone,

Just curious if anyone knows of any true Ameraucana breeders that sell chicks in the Maine or New Hampshire area? I would love to have a blue roo, and a few females (wouldn't mind a few black or lavender females too). All I have been able to find online for breeders are either sold out, or only sell straight run and most require a min of 25 chicks (I already have 44 chickens and plan on hatching some in April, I don't really need 25 more on top of that!) I appreciate any help! Thanks!!

Try Heirloom Orpingtons, they have BBS Aneraucanas and minimum is 10.

Hello.....so glad to find this.... I am hoping to buy blue americauna . They are beautiful. I live in Maine. Any suggestions?

SOOOO GLAD I found this thread, definitely subscribing to this one!
wee.gif

I bought 8 Blue Americauna chicks back in Feb. 6 were a week old, 2 were a day old. That was on Feb 23, so they're 5 weeks and 6 weeks. I don't have any close up pics to post, but after seeing this thread I will definitely get some as soon as I can tomorrow!

When should I be able to start telling the boys from the girls? I know getting some pics up will enable some of you maybe to give me some ideas.

also I have a question about the color chart. I do know the breeder I bought from said he breeds a splash rooster and a black hen to get the blue's. The color chart shown earlier in the thread says if I breed a blue rooster and a blue hen, I get 25% black, 50% blue and 25% splash. does this mean each bird has this mix, or that 25% of them will be black, 50% will be blue and 25% will be splash?

also, if I hatch some out and get a splash rooster and a black hen, I could keep those as my breeders and then I'd always get blues, correct?

These are truly beautiful birds, all of them have great lacing on the feathers, some are a little darker than the others, but they're all just gorgeous! I will get some pics up tomorrow, and hopefully we can determine how many boys and girls I have.

Back
Top Bottom