Blue Ameraucana thread!

Just wondering, is my blue roo really considered a blue? Or is he something else because of the darker black feathering?

He's a blue, they just have darker hackle and saddle feathers

Hi I have many chickens and chicks but have just started with the Ameraucanas. In tiny chicks I have 2 blues, 1 black. In bigger chicks I have 5 brown reds, in EE I have 4, 2 CL roo chicks, 1 CL pullet chick, 7 white leghorns pullets (to make Sapphires with the CL) In adults many black Jersey Giants, Buff Orps and Blue JG. I have become obsessed with the Blue Ameraucanas and will be going back to the breeder for more. Got to make another pen and coop just for them.

Question: Does anyone know if wing feather sexing works on Ameraucanas as new chicks? I use it a lot with pretty good success but new to Ameraucanas and haven't heard if it works. It doesn't work on all breeds. Thanks

Hello everybody! Thought I'd join the thread, as I have 37 Blue Ameraucanas in the incubator right now. 25 are descendants of Paul Smith lines, and are BBS, also show quality and NPIp certified, got them for $48.00 off eBay+ shipping, and the other 12 are from Paul Smith and Max Strawn lines, pure blues, and I got them for $20.00 + shipping.

I set them an hour ago, so I've got some waiting, but my plans for them are putting all resulting hens in with my future Black Copper Marans that I'm hopefully getting in the next bit, and next year having F1 Olive Eggers from BA hens, and BCM roosters, as well as some pure BCMs, cause I'll have some BCM hens in the same pen.

Back
Top Bottom