Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
Does anyone here have or will have hatching eggs for sale? I only have one andalusian left from my original stock (breeder no longer has them) she is five years old now & i would so love to have some more in my flock. Thanks in advance for any info.

Sorry... I don't. I lost mine to a neighbor's dog. I do plan to get more... I got mine from a local feed store. But that is no help to you. I am a little to far for that... I am in southern California. I plan on getting more when they come in... I love the color they are. I wish you the best of luck finding them in your area.

Does anyone here have or will have hatching eggs for sale? I only have one andalusian left from my original stock (breeder no longer has them) she is five years old now & i would so love to have some more in my flock. Thanks in advance for any info.
Have you checked with "Okiehen", you might be able to find her posts closer to the start of the thread. She might be a close place for you to get some from.

She's nice but its interesting that her earlobes are red. At four months, there should be no doubt that they are white.

Yes, she has changed quite a bit since she was younger, this was in Nov. and it looked like she would have white earlobes. Do Andalusians ever have red earlobes or do you think she is a cross? I thought her wattles would be larger by now as well.

Yes, she has changed quite a bit since she was younger, this was in Nov. and it looked like she would have white earlobes. Do Andalusians ever have red earlobes or do you think she is a cross? I thought her wattles would be larger by now as well.
Yes, she sure looked like they would be white.

Are those red feathers on her lower breast and white feathers on her back?

Her "type" says andalusian but those colored feathers say another thing. I was thinking with the first picture that there might be a little orpington in there but her feathers are pretty tight, like they're supposed to be. I don't know what she would be crossed with. She is very nice for a yard quality bird. How are you liking her personality?

Just found this thread as I am starting to look into blue Andalusians. I hope someone can answer a question though about breeding / crossing. I know that using an Andalusian rooster over a BR hen will give offspring that are sex linked....The males should be barred and the females will be much more blue with minimal or no barring. BUT.... what about the reverse? I currently breed Barred Plymouth Rocks and of course have 2 great roosters. So what about a BR rooster over a blue Andalusian Hen? What will the chicks look like? And I assume they will not actually be sex linked. Has anyone done this before?

Yes, she sure looked like they would be white.

Are those red feathers on her lower breast and white feathers on her back?

Her "type" says andalusian but those colored feathers say another thing. I was thinking with the first picture that there might be a little orpington in there but her feathers are pretty tight, like they're supposed to be. I don't know what she would be crossed with. She is very nice for a yard quality bird. How are you liking her personality?
I will try to get better pictures. I think the red in the first picture is from the dirt bath she took in leaf litter and the white from the flash. We have a lot of shade and I almost always have to use a flash in their run. She is a great little girl, friendly toward my husband and me but very, very active. She reminds me of a road runner. hehehe She loves to zip around the run and fly up to the higher roost in the coop. She gets along well with her brooder mates but is afraid of the older hens and stays out of their way.

Back
Top Bottom