Salmon Favorelle Thread!

GirlsHuntToo

Professional Chicken Chaser
Jul 18, 2023
The Keystone State
I am getting Salmon Faverolles from Meyer Hatchery and they are set to come April 22 2024 and I have never owned this breed before so I wanted to know a little bit about them.
I couldn't help myself! They are cute little fuzz balls! šŸ„¹
So this thread is where you can tell anything you know about them, post some pictures, share some of your experiences and all that good stuff! šŸ˜Š

I have no direct experience, but I've heard they're quite silly and goofy. I've also heard they have a tendency to get picked on because they're incredibly docile (and have that marvelous face fluff and feather feet), so definitely keep an eye out if you're integrating. The fact that you're getting multiple will certainly help.

Enjoy your new babies! April will be here before you know it.

My first faverolles hen had her poor beard pulled out by my other chickens pretty quick after getting her.

My rooster was the biggest rooster I had and ended up being the head rooster. I had a la fleche rooster that would try fighting him randomly and that big faverolles rooster would just sit on him till he lost the will to fight and then just go on his way.

I enjoy my favorelles! They are quite silly and not very smart sometimes though. They have some unique voices that are a bit different than my other breeds. Both of my pullets arenā€™t the most docile birds I have and they challenge (and lose to) the big girls regularly. My favorelles have honestly challenged my hens way more than I have seen any other pullets of mine do.
Thankfully my flock is well used to extra fluff and hasnā€™t plucked any of their beard or leg feathers. They stand up for themselves or run away

Photos of one of my favorelles (she has no comb due to an self inflicted injury when she was younger)
IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3856.jpeg

I enjoy my favorelles! They are quite silly and not very smart sometimes though. They have some unique voices that are a bit different than my other breeds. Both of my pullets arenā€™t the most docile birds I have and they challenge (and lose to) the big girls regularly. My favorelles have honestly challenged my hens way more than I have seen any other pullets of mine do.
Thankfully my flock is well used to extra fluff and hasnā€™t plucked any of their beard or leg feathers. They stand up for themselves or run away

Photos of one of my favorelles (she has no comb due to an self inflicted injury when she was younger)
View attachment 3702729View attachment 3702731
Thank you! I did read that they will after get picked on from other chicken breeds. I look for docile birds that will want to be around you and get along in a mixed breed flock. Most of my birds are pretty calm and very kind to the other chickens. I thought that they would go really well with my Light Brahmas and the Buff Brahmas that I am getting next year with them so they will have some fellow feather footed friends!

Back
Top Bottom