Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
I just ordered a whole bunch of Blue Andalusian chicks to start a breeding program, since they are "heat" tolerant and hardy as well as productive layers I'm very excited! the other factor is they are on the "critical" list of the American Livestock Breed Conservancy. So thought I would try to help out in the conservation of these wonderful sounding & looking birds. here's hoping!
fl.gif
Wish you good luck -- any pictures? Where did you order from?

Does anyone know how big these birds get? I mean I know how much they average in weight but I mean physical size?

If you're of average height (I'm 5'4") and the males come up to around my knee. The females will be smaller. However, with McMurray birds, I'm not sure what size they will be. They should at least be close to this size.

Thank you...yes I thought they were gorgeous. Although I'm fascinated with the idea of having "andalusian" chickens since I have a 1/2 Andalusian horse. LOL
big_smile.png
So funny... that is what caught my attention with these birds. I thought since an Andalusian horse was so expensive maybe I console myself with the chicken... which are just as lovely in comparison to the chicken world. I do have 2 horses now... just took me almost 40 yrs to get one... They both are quarter horses... but some day...

If you're of average height (I'm 5'4") and the males come up to around my knee. The females will be smaller. However, with McMurray birds, I'm not sure what size they will be. They should at least be close to this size.

Actually, when I went out to feed tonight, I double checked. A rooster of average size would come to just above your knee, if you're as short as I am. I think probably the entire head was above my knee cap.

Th

Actually, when I went out to feed tonight, I double checked.  A rooster of average size would come to just above your knee, if you're as short as I am.  I think probably the entire head was above my knee cap.
[/quoThat's a tall bird!! I'm 5'7" well this should be an adventure! Lol. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with 25 chicks!

Back
Top Bottom