Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
Th
Quote: You could see if other want to buy some off of you... They are not all that common. You said that you got them from Murray McMurray... I had some chicks from them. I really liked how they were growing up... Till a dog got a few of them. I only have 2 left from my original group of birds. I have been collecting chicks from different places since then. I know... that is what stopped me from ordering from them... you need an min order of 25... we went throw a lady who was making a VERY large order.
You are not all that far from me... I am in San Bernardino. If you are interested in selling off a few of your chicks please let me know.

I have been reading this one- not to bad
Here is another link...

http://openlibrary.org/books/OL2416..._how_to_make_poultry_pay_in_summer_and_winter

I'm hoping to educate myself on this breed so as to continue it's qualities as a prolific egg layer throughout the year. Many discussions I have seen have been about certain poultry breeds having been degraded as a "layer" in order to reproduce the "characteristic looks" wanted by fanciers. But I'm hoping to continue with the quality production, climate and feathering with this breed. Daunting to say the least but should be fun and interesting to see what happens. My biggest concern is to keep their hardy and rugged quality to maintain their health.
purebred or mongrel, the key for me is to have healthy happy birds so I don't spend a fortune on vet bills! If anyone has any other information or knows of any other books on this breed please let me know.
big_smile.png

Catsol you bet! I will pm you when they arrive. Should be in 2 weeks
wee.gif
Thanks! Can't wait to hear from you. By the way... not next weekend (to early anyway) but the weekend after... I will be in Irwendale for each weekend till may 25th. So it should be a little easier to meet you some were. I'm so egg-cited! Thanks again!

I'm planning to go to the Norco meet up on April 6th If everything goes right with my chick order I'll be bringing some to sell
fl.gif

so if anybody is planning to attend and wants some Blue Andalusian chicks...see you there.

Back
Top Bottom