Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
Hi all, I ordered some Blue Andalusian's from a breeder and they took 4 days in the mail to get here. When I did get them the male Andalusian and Welsummer did not make it thru the heat! I was so heart broken and in tears! I so wanted those birds! Now I have to try to find someone else to get possible some hatching eggs from. Do any of you sell hatching eggs?
Thanks, Cheryl

Hi all, I ordered some Blue Andalusian's from a breeder and they took 4 days in the mail to get here. When I did get them the male Andalusian and Welsummer did not make it thru the heat! I was so heart broken and in tears! I so wanted those birds! Now I have to try to find someone else to get possible some hatching eggs from. Do any of you sell hatching eggs?
Thanks, Cheryl

PM me-I have eggs available

Does anybody know how easily the Blue Andalusian can be contained. I understand that they can be quite flighty. I have about a 1/3 acre pasture for my birds, how easily can they fly over a 4' fence w/ a wing clipped?

6' fencing is very expensive out here in the middle of nowhere (Hawaii). Maybe a clipped wing would do the trick? What about electrifying the top portion of the fence, that might keep 'em in!

The cheapest solution would be to clip a wing.

Or you could get some pipe to extend your fence posts and some 24" chicken wire and add it to the top of your 4' fence.

I might be wrong but the way I understand electric fencing is that you have to be standing on the ground and touching the live wire for it to work. Them flying up and landing on it probably wouldn't have the desired effect.

Haha, yes, common sense, birds perch on live wires all the time without being electrocuted!

Does anyone have some big Andalusians that they would be willing to ship to Hawaii, The SOP calls for 5 1/2 lbs. for Hens, and 7 lbs. for Roosters. The breeder must be NPIP certified, or test for Pollurum and AI annually to satisfy quarantine regulations.

I keep reading that Andalusians are noisy, noisy, noisy. Is this across the board? Or, does it have more to do with specific hatchery birds or even certain lines from breeders. Does anyone have quiet Andalusians?

Back
Top Bottom