Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
Andalusians ARE noisy... at least mine are. But not all of them and not all the time. The boys crow when I open up in the morning or come in the coop. Of course they crow because its morning or almost morning. The girls chatter and some of them chatter loudly when its time to lay an egg. Over all, they're not really too bad. They are an active, vocal breed.

Have you not had any luck getting hatching eggs from ChristyRhae (I think that is her name) ? That would be a whole lot cheaper than shipping birds in.

Aloha Lacy,

Yes, Christie and I have been working together! I have 8 viable eggs set under a silkie as we speak, and 4 in the incubator. My concern is that working with flocks that have been closed for a while diminishes the vigor of those flocks. I would like more than anything to restore the Andalusians to what they were originally bred for, which was a vigorous, heat tolerant mediterranean breed. Often, the BA was compared to the Minorca which was known as the primo med. dual purpose chicken.

Pretty birds are nice, but I will be building the barn first, then painting.

Does anybody know how easily the Blue Andalusian can be contained. I understand that they can be quite flighty. I have about a 1/3 acre pasture for my birds, how easily can they fly over a 4' fence w/ a wing clipped?
My run is covered with 4x6 welded wire to keep them in and keep hawks and vultures out.

Does anybody know how easily the Blue Andalusian can be contained. I understand that they can be quite flighty. I have about a 1/3 acre pasture for my birds, how easily can they fly over a 4' fence w/ a wing clipped?
Our runs are covered by a black mesh tarp and it seems to work out well- keeps the chickens in and offers protection from over head.

Our Andalusians are middle of the road I'm guessing for noise, the boys like to crow off and on during the day but nothing to major.

Here is a young Blue Andalusian that I have for sale. I have performed my crow reduction surgery on him and you can compare him to the other roosters on the yard. Please visit my thread on decrowing rooster. You can PM me with any questions. Thanks

Dr. James

Crazy, I thought in America you could just shoot somebody when he walks on your property
tongue.png

So if you can get your neighbour to get this crazy that he tries to kill your rooster then you can just shoot him. Problem solved
highfive.gif

Poor rooster btw.

I find his crowing now more annoying then before.

Back
Top Bottom