Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
I ordered 4 female and 1 male. Male was marked on foot but he looks white. Female looks dark. I ordered 1 male to.
Plus paid 6.00 for them to sex my bundle. They sent 32 chickens. I was short a wc.blk polish bantam I was short one. Oh well they sent extras! Here is a picture of all them then u can zoom into picture to see them all.
Tks ;)

Having caught the chicken bug badly, I ordered an assortment of birds to see what I liked best. But while pouring over pictures of chicken breeds, the Blue Andalusian chickens met many of my 'not very farmish' criteria. They were blue, came in lovely colour variations, were beautiful, and rare enough to need an advocate. Since I plan to talk the ears off anyone who will listen to me about these beautiful chickens we seem a perfect match.

I thought I should start posting pictures of my babies now they are losing more of their fluff. I've blue, black and splashes.

Well, I think I have some splashes, but they seem to be camera shy.

Welcome to one of the most difficult breeds to get right! Its definitely something you have to have a strong appreciation for... because its quite elusive. It will take you on a journey that lasts many years if you can hang with it.

Thanks for posting your pictures. Looks like you've got a start there. Are you planning to breed or did you order all pullets?

I ordered as straight run, so hopefully some boys. I am lucky enough to have a very knowledgeable poultry man as a friend who has judged in shows, so I will have help with stock selection.

Yes, this will be my many years project :).

You are right in with that - Andalusians are the hardest breed to keep, between the blacks and splashes and "we don't sit on eggs" - no wonder they are endangered. But still love them - blueandalusian.com

Back
Top Bottom