Blue Andalusian thread!

It won't be until next year, but do any of you who breed and raise, sell eggs and ship them? Obviously my group is hatchery stock not that I like them any less.

Robin is growing up.

This question?

Sorry about that. I meant to respond to this one but I guess it slipped through the cracks. Sorry.

Closest to Michigan that I can think of is Jamie Matts. His will make your jaw hit the floor. I don't know if he sells hatching eggs or just young stock. If you get on facebook at all you can just look up his name there. I don't think he gets on BYC. He lives in New York. I know that's not super close but he's the only breeder in the northeastern part of the country that I can think of that is semi-close to you.

Actually I'm having a problem with Batman being aggressive. Should have put it in the behavior thread. Thank you for the tip. Being brand new I know no one in chickens. (Left him a message)

Last edited:
That is totally normal chicken behavior. What you can do is provide a place where Robin can get away from him, perches or other things to jump onto.

If he's being aggressive toward your pullets, you might want to separate him because he'll really stress out your girls and delay the time they start laying for you... maybe just divide the pen?

Actually he's being aggressive towards people. My kid (4), and my grandma went to pet him because he came up to see her and he went after her. :( surprisingly enough the pecking order problems are mild and no more between rooster to rooster than it is rooster to hen or hen to hen. My son was running water to the horses when he made his way over to him. I didn't witness it go down, but my son doesn't understand that he probably wasn't trying to "perch" on his arm. I let these guys free range the yard from dawn until dusk.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom