Blue Andalusian thread!

Had to use that information tonight. The 4 year old had Batman on the run after Batman made an attempt to bully. Hopefully it'll not have to be used that often. As it's my job to keep him safe around horses I'd do the same with the chickens. He's not old enough to understand the subtle signs of impending problems with animals. He follows instruction great though. Thank you for posting it. Hoping it works.

Last edited:
Oh my! Bad rooster! It may be one of the hardest things for your son to do the first time but if he was running from that rooster because he was afraid, it would be really bad if you can't get him to face that bird. If you can get him to do it once, that should be a first positive step for him. Maybe you could give him a spray bottle set on stream... teach him not to harass the bird but make him get out of his way and then keep his eyes on him so he can't come up behind.

I have to admit, I have killed more than one rooster in defense of MY son and they didn't go exactly in a humane method. They weren't Andalusians though. My Andalusians seem to have a little more sense than that. I have only had one that I had to watch. We had an understanding... he would watch me and be good as long as I didn't do anything sudden or to one of "his" girls and I would watch him as long as HE didn't do anything sudden. I could catch him when needed but I didn't pick him up just to pick him up.

How do you get blue andalusians? First you need andalusians. If you have black and splash you can cross them and all the babies will be blue. Or you can cross blue and blue and the babies (if you were to hatch 199) will be 50% of them blue, 25% of them splash and the other 25% will be black. However, if you hatch less than 100, the numbers could be anything.

How do you get blue andalusians? First you need andalusians. If you have black and splash you can cross them and all the babies will be blue. Or you can cross blue and blue and the babies (if you were to hatch 199) will be 50% of them blue, 25% of them splash and the other 25% will be black. However, if you hatch less than 100, the numbers could be anything.

Sorry, I meant do you know what breeds were bred to create the Andalusians? Thanks.

I really don't. As far as I know, they have been around for hundreds of years and are originally from Spain. Some were taken to England back in the 1800s (I believe it was) and improved there. However, I have seen Andalusians that are currently in Spain and they're better than anything I've seen anywhere else... except Australia. There are some stunning birds in those two countries... can't speak for any others.

Back
Top Bottom