Blue Andalusian thread!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

What's your hens name radiodog? So would you suggest this breed?

yippiechickie.gif
I do suggest the breed...yes! I'm very lucky to have her... Her name is 'Miss Thang'! lol​

Quote:
Sand Hill Preservation in Calamus, Iowa has Blue Orps. I have some on order for June. They might be booked up for the year on them, they were close before the first of the year.
Good luck.

Quote:
Sand Hill Preservation in Calamus, Iowa has Blue Orps. I have some on order for June. They might be booked up for the year on them, they were close before the first of the year.
Good luck.

Thanks!
yippiechickie.gif
I'll have to put that on my wish list for next year. I already have 7 blue chickens coming on this next order. I started out only wanting a few hens for eggs...now I have 21 chickens with 15 more ordered...and already starting a wish list for next year. Of course, I say "next year" but who knows...I could end up ordering them in a couple months... I have a problem.
cool.png

Quote:
Good luck.

Thanks!
yippiechickie.gif
I'll have to put that on my wish list for next year. I already have 7 blue chickens coming on this next order. I started out only wanting a few hens for eggs...now I have 21 chickens with 15 more ordered...and already starting a wish list for next year. Of course, I say "next year" but who knows...I could end up ordering them in a couple months... I have a problem.
cool.png

I got you beat. I have 33 ordered of various breeds from McMurray for March, another 25 from Sand Hill for March, then another 25 from Sand Hill in June AND I have a new incubator. Do you know what that means??? My neighbor just called today to see about hatching some of her Cayuga ducks eggs too. I am planning to get a couple dozen eggs from Bill Braden this summer as well. I am hoping that a little of my addiction rubs off on my husband, but not so much that it becomes dangerous.

I am getting Blue Andalusians. I have always loved blues, but it was my oldest's desire to get the BAs to try and show. I know the deal with hatchery stock, folks. He is in 4-H and this is his first year showing birds, so he will get what he gets.

Oh, I almost forgot. 10 of the chicks in June are going to another person who is going to swap me some of his SQ Welsummers. I am getting all giddy about the chicks! I also LOVE all the ones I have already.

Good luck on your new ones when they arrive.

Number of eggs laid in a year for my Andalusian hens, 8 hens laid 1407 eggs last year.

This is some info on the blue genetic.
Blue is a diluting gene for black. So, 50% of your Blue Andalusian will hatch blue, and 25% will be black. The last 25% will be splash, having received two diluting genes.
If you breed any of the following ways this is what you'll get:
Blue x Blue = 50% blue 25% black 25% splash
Blue x Black = 50% blue 50% black
Blue x splash = 50% blue 50% splash
Black x black = 100% black
Splash x splash = 100% splash
Black x splash =100% Blue

Back
Top Bottom