Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
Tonya Harding Chicken is from McMurray but is friendly as can be (to humans, she has a penchant for taking out roost competitors by the kneecap, hence her name). She loves to be a lap chicken.

46869_img_1481.jpg

I'm not sure if she's up to standard (doubt it), don't much care - but she's pretty and friendly. Not laying yet but she's only 18 weeks old.

i think she's beautiful!
she looks just like ours, who is also from mcmurray, who my son coincidentally named eragon even before we knew what she would look like - if you don't understand, eragon is the boy with a blue dragon so we thought it turned out pretty appropriate!

yes I have some from McMurry now but will be getting show quality ones in near future the differences in the looks and body style are quite obvious. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to have the breeding stock and show quality I want but only time will tell.

I should probably post this elsewhere, but I figure since my question is about Andi the Andalusian it's as good a place as any
smile.png

If she is getting close to egg laying age, would that be a reason for three roosters to all be trying to get her pinned? They are actually fighting to mount her! Is this a sign? She actually ran and hid in my arms to get away from them! Any thoughts?

Quote:
It has nothing to do with her getting close to laying age. It has to do with the cockerels all being 'cocky' and they got hormones running through them like teenagers do. If they keep doing this to her, I'd seperate her out so she doesn't get damaged. How old is she? I could tell you if she is getting close to laying age.

David

Quote:
she could be a bantam, we have one that is coming up on 8 months old and is half the size of 2 others that are LF-we think she is a bantam that got mixed in by mistake with the others.

Rock N' Faverolles :

Quote:
It has nothing to do with her getting close to laying age. It has to do with the cockerels all being 'cocky' and they got hormones running through them like teenagers do. If they keep doing this to her, I'd seperate her out so she doesn't get damaged. How old is she? I could tell you if she is getting close to laying age.

David

I agree with Dave on this, separate her out if you can so they don't stress her. We have 3 that were hatched in Jan 2010 and they started first laying in July 2010 at 6 months of age but aren't consistant yet, of course now with shorter days that won't help either!​

Back
Top Bottom