Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
Quote:
Well boo!
sad.png

Yes, but he has already tryed to flog me several times, but I turned up and kicked his ****!

I just haven't had good luck w/ EE roosters! lol

~ Aspen

Hello there! We have two BAs raised since chicks and are now 4 months old and both very different. The slightly darker hen, Etta is our boss chicken. She runs the coop with a gentle, caring motherly wing. Her sister, BB is a #@*@#. She is second in command and definitely has a complex. Friendly to us, eats out of hands etc but bossy bossy bossy to the others especially newbies. Our Silkies were raises with them and we feel they have learned to be more independent from the BA. We think they are beautiful chickens and enjoy their funny personalities. I hope you enjoy their pictures.

83916_dsc01527.jpg

83916_dsc01999.jpg

83916_dsc02020.jpg

83916_dsc02033.jpg

Posting again since my last one got buried with no replies.
smile.png
Bantam from TSC/ Mt Healthy. I've emailed them 3 times now and still haven't gotten a reply. I have a black cockerel and a splash pullet. I think they must be Andalusians, they really don't look like anything else! What do you think?
250913_2144069680908_1221217193_2674969_1799894_n.jpg

2011-05-30%25252012.18.11.jpg

While I'm not aware of bantam Andalusians, that doesn't mean they don't exist. Single comb, dark shanks and all black feathering, white earlobes . . . the roo does look a lot like an Andy, and the pullet could be too although I can't see her comb or ears very well.
hu.gif

She has a very small single comb, and no earlobes that I can easily see. lol. She's very sweet and calm. They both are the softest birds I have ever felt. I can try to get a better pic of her. There is a pic of her standing next to a can of Yuengling earlier in this thread that was taken a few weeks ago.
smile.png

There are definitely Blue Andalusian bantams. I have even seen them listed on some hatchery websites. But Mt Healthy doesn't have a list on their website, and they haven't contacted me back.
hmm.png

Well, whatever they are, I am sure they're the same breed, and we're keeping them. They are some of our favorites. I need to get rid of several bantams, but they're going on the keep list! lol

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif
I don't suppose you have any pics when they were about 6 or 7 weeks, do you?
lol.png
I have a single Blue, and we really don't know if she's a boy or a girl, but she's totally pink + at this point. I'm trying to hang on to hope, because I can't have any noisy boys and this is the only one I have!!

Back
Top Bottom