Pics
Quote:
its my Bible..
tongue.png

here a few more helpful links
Genetics page by KazJaps

and Mr. Henks chicken calculator
http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html

here is an example using the genes that make up the Andalusian Blue(you can try different genes to see how different they look)
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/CalculatorExample.jpg

if you need help let me know

I have both links bookmarked- I have read through the first one a couple of times before. I have not had alot of extra time to play with the chicken calculator but will start looking that over too! Thanks for the help!
big_smile.png

Quote:
These birds are great qualty very nice lacing these have sharp lacing they are from the U.S. that's correct.?

Wooo! First egg today! It is probably the second largest first egg we've had, and larger than many of our other hens that have been laying a few weeks.

She is normally a very quiet bird but today about 10 minutes after she laid her egg she did her egg song for a while. She seemed to be walking tall after that. I know that human emotions shouldn't be attributed to livestock but i cannot help but think she was proud of herself.

108555_img00548-20111031-1152.jpg

108555_img00546-20111031-1143.jpg

108555_img00554-20111031-1201.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of egg production are people getting from their Blue Andalusians?

From what I have read the breed will produce about 160 years a year (guessing this is first year). So far she has laid and 6/7 days, with it getting closer to winter I was surprised by this.

Quote:
We have 8 girls laying and averaged 2 to 5 eggs per day last month so we collected about 116 eggstotal from them last month. Won't know who is laying on a regular basis until we separate them into breeding pens.

Hi um i rekon 180 eggs,. per year; well here in Spain there is pretty good weather and in Andalusia, better so yep 180 more or less but not bad for a ornamental fowl.
cheers,

My blue andalusian finally started laying. And to do so she snuck into the youngster pen that I considered chicken-alcatraz. Guess she did not like the nest boxes of the general population. I have no clue how she got into chicken-alcatraz (built coyote-proof or so I thought)
th.gif
. But the egg is cute
clap.gif
. And I only noticed because she was pretty vocal after laying. Normally the youngster pen is very quiet with the occasional cockerel crowing tryouts.

Thanks for the info. Lund Poultry! If we hear of someone looking for the bantam size we'll pass on your info. We have just the LF and are waiting for our NYD hatch to see what we get
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom