Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
Hopefully, you have a good hatch Christie!
As an FYI for those reading this thread, we had to do a little extra work to ship to Christie, given that she is in Hawaii. We had to send in a permit request to the Hawaii Dept of Ag. They mailed me the permit, which needed to be affixed to the outside of the box, and I also had to affix the NPIP VS 9-3 (Report of Sales) for Chicks or Eggs to the box. Not difficult, but took a little time and you are tied to a date for shipment because they ask the ship date on the permit paperwork. I shipped the eggs in a single stall horizon shipper. Packed the bottom with bubble wrap and used foam egg shipper inserts for the eggs. Everthing was cushioned with bubble wrap. The fact that Christie didn't see a single dislodged air cell is very encouraging!

I'll try to post some pics of the oldest of this year's Andalusians over the weekend!

Last edited:
I just got 30+ eggs from Tom Roebuck (cochinman2005) and they look great!!

The first box of eggs I got from him were all scrambled in the mail I think. This time he sent them in a live chick box in the hopes that the post office would treat them better if the box was marked "live birds" and when I candled them I did not see a single look air cell. I have a really good feeling about these ones. Cant wait!!!
Good Luck
fl.gif
keep us posted as to how things go!!

Hopefully, you have a good hatch Christie!
As an FYI for those reading this thread, we had to do a little extra work to ship to Christie, given that she is in Hawaii. We had to send in a permit request to the Hawaii Dept of Ag. They mailed me the permit, which needed to be affixed to the outside of the box, and I also had to affix the NPIP VS 9-3 (Report of Sales) for Chicks or Eggs to the box. Not difficult, but took a little time and you are tied to a date for shipment because they ask the ship date on the permit paperwork. I shipped the eggs in a single stall horizon shipper. Packed the bottom with bubble wrap and used foam egg shipper inserts for the eggs. Everthing was cushioned with bubble wrap. The fact that Christie didn't see a single dislodged air cell is very encouraging!

I'll try to post some pics of the oldest of this year's Andalusians over the weekend!
would love to see some pictures- very nice looking birds from pictures you've posted in the past
thumbsup.gif

That's wonderful! I am sure it costs a good bit more to ship like that, but so worth it to have no loose aircells. Keep us posted on their development. I am VERY curious. :)

That's wonderful! I am sure it costs a good bit more to ship like that, but so worth it to have no loose aircells. Keep us posted on their development. I am VERY curious. :)
Oh gosh, I cannot even think about what I have spent in the last year and a half as I have been trying to collect the 3 breeds of chickens that I want to raise. If I added it up I would probably go into shock.
th.gif

Good news!! I saw a vein last night!!
wee.gif
Now if I can just not mess them up! lol

fl.gif

Oh gosh, I cannot even think about what I have spent in the last year and a half as I have been trying to collect the 3 breeds of chickens that I want to raise. If I added it up I would probably go into shock.
th.gif

Good news!! I saw a vein last night!!
wee.gif
Now if I can just not mess them up! lol
Good Luck
fl.gif
fl.gif
sending great incubating waves your way! Keep us posted!

Great thread! (I confess, I didn't read it all.) Do folks think my little Grace is a Blue Andalusian, or a mix? Her funny hat makes me think she may have some Polish too.

She's very curious and loves to fly and is friendly, but not super into being held yet. She's the smallest in my little group of hens, and it's very cute to see her smooshed in between the frizzled cochin and the brahma on the roost at night.

Great thread! (I confess, I didn't read it all.) Do folks think my little Grace is a Blue Andalusian, or a mix? Her funny hat makes me think she may have some Polish too.

She's very curious and loves to fly and is friendly, but not super into being held yet. She's the smallest in my little group of hens, and it's very cute to see her smooshed in between the frizzled cochin and the brahma on the roost at night.
She looks like an Andy/polish cross. She has the lacing and and an Andalusian face. The polish tend to have pretty large nostrils. And yours appears to have a single comb. So, Either a cross or the absolute weirdest hairdoo on an Andalusian I have ever seen! LOL

Back
Top Bottom