Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
2012 Cockerels - 4 months old

The other birds in the photos are Buff Orpingtons, Black Wyandottes, Black Cochins and Buff Cochins.

Last edited:
2012 Cockerels - 4 months old

The other birds in the photos are Buff Orpingtons, Black Wyandottes, Black Cochins and Buff Cochins.
Notice how the feathers are laced right down to the hock joint. That's what you want to see. Thdere are a lot of Andalusians with good lacing on their back but they're solid black on the bottom.

I put 15 eggs in lockdown!! I almost forgot. Today is day 19. I have found the "set 'em and forget 'em" technique works the best. lol
I almost took that too far! No pips so I think we are ok. Hatch day is friday.
fl.gif

Well so far I have two chicks! I think they are blue. Hard to tell until they dry off. Two chicks pipped at the wrong end and then died. Never had that happen before.
I hope I get at least one male and one female...then I can make more! lol

I have 7 chicks!! Two splash and 5 blue or black. Just cannot tell for sure. I think they are blue....
I ended up with 3 eggs that pipped at the wrong end and then did nothing for 24 hours so I thought they had died. Well two of them hatched!

I am just immensely happy with these chicks. Super super happy I finally have these awesome chicks! At long last! Pics soon!

Back
Top Bottom