Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
I have 7 chicks!! Two splash and 5 blue or black. Just cannot tell for sure. I think they are blue....
I ended up with 3 eggs that pipped at the wrong end and then did nothing for 24 hours so I thought they had died. Well two of them hatched!

I am just immensely happy with these chicks. Super super happy I finally have these awesome chicks! At long last! Pics soon!
that's awesome! Can't wait to see pictures
big_smile.png

Just thought I would share with everybody... I have many young Andalusians that are going to need new homes.

In other older birds I have a pair of black leghorn bantams (bought last fall as a cockerel and pullet) and several of their offspring... 14 pullets and 3 cockerels (hatched in December/January - 1 cockerel to 5 pullets in two groups and the third group would have 4 pullets). Great ratio! Also, two bantam blue leghorn hens. One is 3 years and the other is 2. All of the leghorn bantams are Jay Horn's line. Note that they are brothers and sisters so if you have others you can mix them with, it would be a great deal for whoever wanted to get some other blood into their breeding project.

If anyone is interested, you can let me know by PM. I'll probably be listing them on the auction page in the next day or so.

Last edited:
Just thought I would share with everybody... I have many young Andalusians that are going to need new homes.

In other older birds I have a pair of black leghorn bantams (bought last fall as a cockerel and pullet) and several of their offspring... 14 pullets and 3 cockerels (hatched in December/January). Great ratio! Also, two blue leghorn hens. One is 3 years and the other is 2. All of the leghorn bantams are Jay Horn's line. I'd like $40 for the pair, $10 ea for the blue girls and $50 for one black cockerel with 5 pullets. I can do the last group 3 times as I have 3 cockerels, but one group would have 4 pullets. Note that they are brothers and sisters so if you have others you can mix them with, it would be a great deal for whoever wanted to get some other blood into their breeding project.

If anyone is interested, you can let me know by PM. I'll probably be listing them on the auction page in the next day or so.
can you tell us the prices of your andalusians

My andalusian chicks are 3 weeks old. They are so cool looking. Totally different from my marans or ameraucanas. I thought I had 5 blue and 2 splash but I am thinking one of them might be black. I will wait and see.
I plan to move them outside soon. Love to watch chicks outside, the brooder is too hard to see them in.

I believe both Tom Roebuck & Butch Gunderson have been named here as Andalusian breeders & they both do have good birds. There's a fellow near me, John Hayes, who has bred Andalusians longer than either Tom or Butch & in fact both have gotten birds from him. I once had a flock of Andalusians from John but sold them all to Superior Hatchery & we all know how that ended up. I visited John recently, he's in his 80s but still breeds a few birds. I came home with all his black & splash started chicks so if anyone is interested in eggs next year that will hatch only blue chicks pm me & I'll contact you in the spring. This is probably the oldest line of Andalusians in the country.

Back
Top Bottom